Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

`Ohina The Short Film Showcase - NEXT WEEK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `Ohina The Short Film Showcase - NEXT WEEK!

It’s that time again.
    Time to check out some great short films at the 7th edition of
    `Ohina The Short Film Showcase!

The 2006 Showcase will be held at the Doris Duke Theatre at

The Honolulu Academy of Arts
    900 South Beretania Street
    Honolulu, Hi 96814

On August 4 and 5, 2006

Show times are as follows:
    Friday August 4, 2006
    7:30pm

Saturday August 5, 2006
    12:00 noon, 3:00pm & 7:00pm

Admission is FREE! *Donations Welcome!
    Seating is limited and is on a first come, first seated arrangement.

For more information and a list of the shorts being shown log on to our website.

We hope you can join us and enjoy some of Hawaii’s hottest short films!

'Ohina is produced by a dedicated board of volunteers in the arts and film industry. Each year 1,000 guests attend this celebrated event, including acclaimed filmmakers, producers and directors. *Audiences are entertained with short films entered by students, amateurs and professionals from across the state.

SEE YOU THERE!

Re: `Ohina The Short Film Showcase - NEXT WEEK!

oh good. looks ta me like we can bring our paddles, slurpees and wear our tall hats and propellor beanie caps. Or is that a Yarmulke for an aviator?

oh sorry.
    they are telling us the short film subject theme this year is theatre seated diversified audiences.

no, that's not right.
    just been told.
    The graphic is to guilt us into all attending this event, as the cartoon seen there is an artist's rendering of the turnout last year.
    Last edited by kimo55; July 26, 2006, 10:50 PM.

Comment

cool! (did you direct any of the shorts?)
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

No, sorry, I did not.
        but that should not dissuade you from attending!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrubwDDm9p4

This is Ryan Kawamoto's Official Okina festival trailer that he sent out to his Myspace friends...

Pretty fricking funny and good work done by a local boy!

Only 45 seconds so give it a look!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            [...]Pretty fricking funny and good work done by a local boy![...]
            The `Ohina trailers are consistently good as is Ryan's other work. One of my favorite commercials of his is airing again...McDonalds with 3 guys pimping a car and the 4th, the 'fuel guy', entering with the 'fuel'...food from McDs. It's edgy...it's hip...the music is spot on...and it squarely hits the demographics at which it's aimed.

It sounds like you're Ryan's MySpace friend, Manoa, so were privvy to the trailer. I'm not...haven't even registered. But I'm currently casting a job for him. Does that count...for anything?!

Comment

I'm not...haven't even registered.
              Tutue... you really need to just sign in to see what is all about.... if not just to see the pictures of Hawaiithreads own myspace group. It puts faces behind the people and also allows small glimpses into peoples personal things if they choose to allow you as a "friend"

I know Kimo55 is on my "friends list" ... dunno how much he uses it...since he still hasn't posted his pic! He too adicted to his Youtube account!

Any rate... if you do register... look me up... I can give you my real name if you don't remember it....

Comment

Tutue... you really need to just sign in to see what is all about........
                If I do that then I need to give up HT. And, in all honesty, all I need to do on the internet is be available to my clients and my kids. I've already had to postpone my condo remodel due to lack of time. I'm currently into 16/7 work mode and have been for a couple of months. MySpace is definitely not a priority for me. Maybe when I retire...but not now. I have other priorities.

Comment

I know your capable of multi tasking tutue...

Myspace will only devour your life for the first 2 months...then it just becomes another site that "you need" to visit daily...

Bock Bock...chicken?

(wonder if your kids are on it and you don't even know it.... I know my hanai mom communicates with her kids through myspace!)

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    ...McDonalds with 3 guys pimping a car ....
                    what!?
                    guys are renting out a car for sexual services?!
                    wot kinda society...
                    fergeddit! I dun wanna...

Comment

I know your capable of multi tasking tutue...

Myspace will only devour your life for the first 2 months...then it just becomes another site that "you need" to visit daily...

Bock Bock...chicken?

(wonder if your kids are on it and you don't even know it.... I know my hanai mom communicates with her kids through myspace!)
                      You know I'm capable of multi-tasking? Your statement insinuates I'm not already doing so. Manoa...I can run circles around you while drilling you straight into the ground with the amount of multi-tasking I do. Do you honestly believe that someone who is a small business owner and also runs a household isn't already multi-tasking? Earth to Manoa...get an effing grip fer crissake. You don't see me out walking the Ala Wai taking pictures of blue jellyfish, do you?

I don't wonder if my kids (kids? they're 38 and 39) are on MySpace or not. Why would you? For me, it's a non-topic/non-issue. No need to communicate thru MS when phones and email are so available. I don't need or want MySpace as a communication tool with my kids. Phones during the day...email late at night. Add MySpace to that? Allow it to devour my life? Then, visit it daily? Jeeezus...gimme a break. That's an obsession. Possibly there's a MS 12 step program in Waikiki. If you think MySpace is cool...then call me uncool. If you think MySpace is hip...then call me unhip. But, don't ever, ever insinuate I'm not capable of multi-tasking. And, yes, that's exactly what you did regardless of your intention. And if your intention was humor, it went over like a lead balloon.

Dunno why you can't seem to understand that there are lots and lots of people who work longer hours and work more days per week than you do. And, yes, I'm aware that you have a side business. But you clearly have time for a MySpace obsession. I don't, nor do I care to. If I ever get 2 spare months I'm gonna remodel my condo. Let's see...MySpace? Or remodel condo? MySpace? Remodel condo? Well, hot damn...look at that. Remodel condo wins. What exactly is it about 'I have other priorities' that you don't understand?

Bock bock chicken? Manoa...you really need to get a life and stop telling others how to live theirs before your feathers are plucked by someone who chooses to deal with your ignorance by way of something other than words. Man, you're makin' "A", big time.

I rest my case. I'm still at work and in the middle of...ta da...multi-tasking.
                      Originally posted by kimo55
                      what!?
                      guys are renting out a car for sexual services?!
                      wot kinda society...
                      fergeddit! I dun wanna...
                      Well, I have to admit that during a pre-production meeting for that job, when the subject of the guys 'pimping' the car came up, I had to ask what it meant!

Comment

Here is a trailer from one of the films to be featured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiHB4Riyjo8

Once again courtesy of a Myspace friend...

(ps Tutue I sent you an HT PM regarding an apology)
                        Last edited by damontucker; July 29, 2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Here is a trailer from one of the films to be featured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiHB4Riyjo8

Once again courtesy of a Myspace friend...

(ps Tutue I sent you an HT PM regarding an apology)
                          Courtesy of Ryan Kawamoto who uploaded Filmmaker Freddie's trailer to YouTube. More can be seen here. Yes, that's a MySpace page that one does not have to register to view various video links. Ryan asked me to check it out so I did. I've not met Freddie but hope to next week-end. That's enough local name dropping for one post.

Manoa, you also sent me a private email. If you have to apologize it's already too late. It's in the past now. I give Auntie Lynn lots of credit. When she feels she offends someone in public she apologizes in public. Hopefully you've learned something from the plethora of faux pas you've committed of late.

Movin' on...

Comment

Tutue -

I will apologize in public... however, I'm kind of confused about why I am apologizing.

I only wanted to recommend that you sign up for myspace...

I know your an excellent multi-tasker and I sent my apology to you via HT shortly after I read your post... if your talking about the too little to late...

I've just been noticing more and more movie trailers coming out via myspace...for instance the stepup movie that has been showing on commercials...they say to sign up for myspace...etc.

Tutue... I have been a fan of yours for about 10 years... one of my reasons for moving to Oahu was a statement that you gave to me about 10 years ago when I was at UH Hilo and that you are only looking to cast people from Oahu right now and neighbor islands were out of it...(hawaii.edu account about 10 years ago) Due to some of the words that I got from others... I realized that my choice of careers would not be suitable on the big island... I transferred to UH... Joined SVFA... did what I need to do...and now I work in the industry..... part of this was from your direct words that you gave to me as a student more than 10 years ago.

Any rate... I have no point to apologize other than the fact that I'm sorry if I pissed someone off that I have much respect for and always have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwVh9XQayZw

Another Trailer for a film to be shown...

This one also youtubed by Ryan...

Starring Augie T!

I think this years ohina's are gonna be the best yet!

Manoa

Comment

[...]Another Trailer for a film to be shown...

This one also youtubed by Ryan...
                              [...]
                              "Sand Island..." was screened in HIFF's Hawaii Panorama last year and won an award. Ryan directed the film.

Comment

Working...
                              X