the constant gardener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the constant gardener

in a way, this is a question for someone like tutusue but maybe someone else out there might know the answer to this one--and i do apologize for the vagueness of this question. okay, here's the question. in the condo i live in, there's a place where residents can leave books & magazines for others to read. well, one day, i took a look and wow! there was a 9 x 11 "magazine" but the paper was good, photographic type of paper and the cover was thick stock paper. it's full of pictures from the movie with quotations here and there. many of the pages are filled with a single picture (that's big) and some facing pages contains a single picture (it runs across both pages). anyway, it's a fantastic publication but i have no idea where it came from and there's no price listed anywhere. i wouldn't be surprised if it's something that isn't available in stores but given to people in the industry. do you have any idea what i'm talking about? if so, would you tell me about it and whether other similar publications are available for purchase?

i thought the movie was well done and this publication is very well done.

thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shaveice; July 30, 2006, 11:15 PM.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: the constant gardener

My guess is that it's part of a promo packet. Something they send out to the news and other media. You should see some of the cool stuff we get! Really well-done glossy, thick-stock paper "magazines" with great art (photos or whatever), DVDs and so forth. I'll bet it was something like that, part of a promo kit.

We got one a few years ago that had a close-up B&W shot of part of a car engine. I can't remember what car it was (gimme a break, it's almost 1 a.m., but I think it was British), but the photo was so well done -- the lighting, the composition -- that I cut it out of the packet and stuck it on my office wall. It's still there. I love it. There's something about an engine that is just so damned sexy, appealing, male-female, yin-yang, so absolutely primal in its expression of metal and rubber, smooth curves and the squared edges of hard, unyielding bolts. The thumping pistons driving it forward, the curve of the hoses and pipes, slick-to-the-touch gaskets right after you lubricate them, the smooth bumps of solder, the gentle, barely there drip of hydraulic fluid on the underside of a ... um ...

I have to go now.

Comment

Re: the constant gardener

Originally posted by MadAzza
      ... um ...

I have to go now.
      . . . . . . . .

ha! ha! you crack me up!

yeah, i think it's some kinda promo thing. beautifully done. any idea how someone outside of the industry can buy stuff like that or is it simply not possible?
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
      X