• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibsongate

from the much ado about nothing... file

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...mment-opinions

the horror. the horror. the hypocracy.

Re: Gibsongate

Unless Mel's next gig is being a guest star on some future episodes of Lost, I am not going to worry about this event.

Comment

Well ya know, now the Jewish American Defense League and its bretheren are gonna call for a boycott of all his films. They're gonna take up arms against him and all the other Hollywood people who have ever portrayed Zionists in a negative light. They even claimed his portrayal of JC was anti-Semitic. Sometimes I wonder if they take all of this way too seriously. Gibson is from Hollywood after all, where everything is taken with a grain of salt anyway.

In the race to be most holy, I guess the Zionists want to proclaim themselves the holiest of the holy, much to the chagrin of the other Jews.

Miulang

P.S. but the Anti-Defamation League appears to be more forgiving. They have accepted Gibson's apology.
      Last edited by Miulang; August 1, 2006, 11:18 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        Gibson is from Hollywood after all, where everything is taken with a grain of salt anyway.
        Mel Gibson isn't from Hollywood.... He was born in Peekskill, New York and moved to Australia with his family at the age of 12. Considering that Mel's father, Hutton Gibson, is a Sedevacantist it's not surprising that he might possess a few anti-Semitic leanings....
        http://www.answers.com/topic/hutton-gibson
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutton_Gibson

The attempted "cover-up" by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is somewhat more disturbing....
        Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Seventh Day Adva-hah?

I thought da bugga was sexy when he was Mad Max, but his sex appeal is lost on me now. I refused to watch The Passion. And I hate ethnic slurs of all sorts. What a dumb@ss.

pax

Comment

Sedevacantists are a Catholic sect that believes there hasn't been a legit pope since (I think) 1958. From the Latin for "while the (holy) see is empty." (I knew those high school Latin classes would be good for something. Okay, I lied about that.)

Comment

when I read that word, I think about that old Iron Butterfly jam "Inagodadavida"

pax

Comment

From my blog today:

Dear ABC News:

Last night on your evening news program you spent one minute on Iraq. You spent three times that on Mel Gibson.

The latter may be more entertaining, but the former is light-years more important.

Sincerely,
                A viewer
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Here's a link to the site that first got the scoop on "Gibsongate"....

www.tmz.com
                  Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

News sources are reporting that he's being charged with misdemeanor DUI, along with other charges: http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/02/gi...ged/index.html

Suggestions have been made that, by way of apology and acceptance of Judaism, he should be circumsized...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      Suggestions have been made that, by way of apology and acceptance of Judaism, he should be circumsized...
                      ...on camera...

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                        ...on camera...
                        ...by Shimon Peres, with a rusty knife, and Barbara Walters doing commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          ...by Shimon Peres, with a rusty knife, and Barbara Walters doing commentary.
                          ...better yet, by the guy who gave Jesus a whooping in "Passion"
                          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                          Flickr

Comment

I think Mel suffers too much "Passion of the Cristal."

Comment

whuhuhu!

the thing i didn't get with his movie was.
                              where was the "passion"

I suppose better title than the pain of christ.

or
                              centurians find a whipping boy.
                              or
                              jesus! would ya lighten up on the bleeding?! yer staining my carpet!

Comment

Working...
                              X