No announcement yet.

Heiva 2006 on Kaua'i this weekend 8/5!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heiva 2006 on Kaua'i this weekend 8/5!!

Aloha kakou! To anyone interested -- there is a big Tahitian dance competition (called "Heiva") this coming weekend Aug. 4/5/6 at the Kapa'a
    Ball Park.

Many, many halaus from the islands as well as the mainland are going to be competing in otea, ahuroa, aparima, drumming, solo, etc. -- not to mention the maika'i crafts from Tahiti!!!

Please come if you can and root for Halau Hula 'O Leilani!!!! (the halau that I'm with) - hometown halau!

Malama Pono,

J.R.

Re: Heiva 2006 on Kaua'i this weekend 8/5!!

Originally posted by koloagirl
    Please come if you can and root for Halau Hula 'O Leilani!!!! (the halau that I'm with) - hometown halau!
    Aloha, Janet -- you dance with Leilani Rivera Bond, ah? She has visited our halau in Seattle a couple of times (Halau Hula O Napualani) as a special guest kumu. My sweetie and I love to sing her arrangement of "O Kamawaelualani." (She might vaguely remember me, as there are very few kane in our halau - I'm the haole one who also plays `ukulele and sings, and does a radio show, on which she appeared once.)

I came to the show at the Hyatt a couple years ago, but Leilani was out with the flu that particular weekend, so I didn't get to say hello that time.

Good luck this weekend!
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 1, 2006, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X