Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone care our islands are being destroyed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone care our islands are being destroyed?

Some of the most pernicious brainwashing promulgated by mankind on the unsuspecting proletariat is the naming of overdevelopment as "revitalizing" "Energizing" "move ahead improvement" Claiming "any delay in spruicing up our fragile island by overdevelopment of condo towers is a shame" (Spruicing up = Erecting towers... sheesh)
    this time, it's the Aloha Tower area they want to destroy and take away the land and view.
    http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/31/e...itorial01.html

And all negative factors such as overtaxed infrastructure, sewage sytem absolutely failing each and every day, polluting the beachs all around our islands... Too many people on our roads which are falling apart and ALways being worked on. traffic at critical mass all day and every day... all these symptoms that we have gone too far and must stop, are painfully obvious, but we still have some telling us we can and should help create more concrete walls around our Honolulu. THIS time, blocking out our coastline.

The fallacy is extended once again; "parking to relieve a problem that has been said to be the primary reason for lethargic economic activity at the Aloha Tower Marketplace"
    I am at the aloha tower twice a week or so and have been for many years. I have always found a place to park.

(do YOU want the real thruth re; the lethargic economic condition at the aloha tower? talk with just about ANY shop owner about management at the tower. Also. when they toss out a great draw, a good anchor tenant; Kapono's, they had better expect business to go downhill some. and they had better not expect most of us to swallow what pro-development touts parrot; that it's ALL because of the parking. Hogwash. plain and simple. It's criminal to use something like this as an excuse for rampant overbuilding.)

Now, IF they develop and pave over this area, bringing in 250 condos, long-term time-share units, retail stores, restaurants and hotel rooms... why would they assume it would help alleviate parking problems?!
    Talk about yer spin doctoring.

Proponents of this awful idea label it "spruicing up" while at the same time admitting" "several issues, including the ever-present concern about increased vehicle traffic, multilane Nimitz Highway is a barrier for pedestrians. There are plans for an underground tunnel, but that is still on the drawing board.
    (wait. underground tunnel. at sea level. where DID these people NOT go to shcool?!
    All this development is being handed to us on some supposed silver platter as if it's the best thing for us since sliced bread.
    I don't get it. When will the average citizen wake up and say; "waiddaminnite. this just doesn't look right"
    or does it all look right to everyone?
    again. apathy rules. But who cares.
    Last edited by kimo55; August 1, 2006, 09:25 PM.

Re: does anyone care our islands are being destroyed?

I see it as a prime drop off stop for the rail!

Clear out the tower and bring in some city transit transfer spots... might be a good idea...I dunno... I'm against this rail thing... don't think it's gonna work... however, I can't look back now...

I just see this as a possible spot where the Rail will be home spot for all the downtown workers.

As long as your rail pass allows you to take the bus after you get off!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      I can't look back now...
      1- what's that mean.

2- why not?

Comment

1. What it means... is that I never really said my disagreements anywhere about the Rail system. (not that it would have helped one way or the other)

2. It seems like its going through whether I would have said anything anyhow...

3. My word wouldn't have meant anything... I just should have grumbled more when it was in it's earlier stages.

Comment

Kimo, that was a very well written synopsis of the truth. Thank you man!
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
          X