recommended areas in oahu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommended areas in oahu

My wife and I are currently searching for an apartment in Oahu. Are there any areas you could recommend or we should avoid? We'll both be working in Honolulu. I really like the Kailua area, but the rents are much more expensive. We're considering Ewa Beach, even with the traffic. I'm looking into taking the Bus and my wife is a nurse and works off hours. Any advice? Thanks.

Re: recommended areas in oahu

If you can find an apartment around the Ala Moana Shopping Center that would give easy access to TheBus.

Comment

we're trying to avoid living in waikiki and downtown honolulu. we want to live somewhere a little quieter.

Comment

Please - we are an island! You will live "ON" O`ahu, not "in". Unless of course, you are trying to really cut down on your rent & plan to excavate a hillside or something like that.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

maybe they found a hole in the ground. cheapest rent, eh?

Comment

Hobbiton...
            "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
            "But I can't even read good."
            "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
            "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

i appreciate all of the jokes regarding my typo. btw i know it's on not in, it was simply a typo. i was hoping to get constructive responses, not "smart" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2dive
                i appreciate all of the jokes regarding my typo
                dun look lack it brudduuuuh...

Comment

My daughter and son-inlaw recently purchased their first home in Ewa Beach. They love it. My other two children in the Kapolei - Barbers Point Area. They also love the area.

Traffic is bad but traffic is bad anywhere on Oahu. On weekends and nights it gets better.

Country Life is always calmer than the City. I know...first hand. I live MWH!

Good luck.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Relax friend it was all in fun. I really couldn't help you out in terms of actual housing because at the current juncture I'm not a resident of O'ahu/Hawai'i and so have no idea where the best deals are. I think as Auntie said, most of O'ahu is hustle and bustle these days...
                    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
                    "But I can't even read good."
                    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
                    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

i think i took it the wrong way. the thing i like most about hawaii is the people. they're some of the warmest people.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2dive
                        i think i took it the wrong way. the thing i like most about hawaii is the people. they're some of the warmest people.
                        Kimo comes in at 98.9
                        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I just returned from a house hunting trip on Oahu in preparation for our end of the month move. We leased a 1200 square foot detached townhome in Ewa Beach for $2450.00/month. We looked at several properties and this one suited our needs best and the neighborhood seems nice. The traffic on Fort Weaver Road is pretty bad, but like Auntie said, it's bad everywhere on Oahu.

I found everyone we dealt with to be very friendly - even the people at the DMV!

Comment

You guys ever watch Dog the Bounty Hunter? it seems like he's always in Ewa Beach.

Comment

I understand that Ewa Beach has both nice areas and sketchy areas. Where are the stetchy areas? Also, I've heard that the community is really trying to clean-up the beach parks (One'ula and Ewa Beach Parks). How has this progressed? Has anyone used TheBus for commuting between Ewa Beach and Honolulu?

Comment

Working...
                              X