Downtown Honolulu parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Honolulu parking

Does anyone know of a good online map that shows where the available parking is in downtown Honolulu -- municipal lots, parking structures, private lots, etc? I don't go downtown much and when I do, I never know where to park. Somebody should do a Google Map of downtown parking. Info on rates would be nice, too.

Re: Downtown Honolulu parking

Try this one:

http://www.hellohonolulu.com/YP/c_PA...ESSTATIONS.Cfm
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I already know about the Downtown Planet's Parking Bulletin -- however, (1) it's in PDF format and I'd prefer something more web-based, and (2) they closed last month (auwē)!

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        That looks pretty useful... but... it's not on a maaaaaaappp...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
          That looks pretty useful... but... it's not on a maaaaaaappp...
          Each listing has a "maaaaaaappp it" link...
          Originally posted by Eric
          Somebody should do a Google Map of downtown parking.
          Maybe you will be that "somebody"? If no one is doing this, you may have just found a niche market. Get rental car companies and downtown businesses to advertise on it; the rental car folks could print out the most up-to-date versions for their customers...

Comment

Yeah, I was about to say... with the Downtown Planet shuttered (its parking bulletin one of its most demanded features) but with downtown parking in such demand that it's sparking media coverage, the field is open for someone else to take over a niche market. With technology ranging from interactive maps via Google Maps and Google Earth, plus easy 3-D manipulation via Google SketchUp (my current favorite play tool), one could develop a lot of nifty tools that would be in decent demand.

Comment

Depending on where I'm headed, the 2 lots I favor are Alii Place on Alakea and Harbor Court, entrance from Bethel. They have reduced public parking for the 1st 2 hours but it ramps up after that. I know the downtown parking rates have gone up but I think I paid 75 cents/.5 hour...iirc (which is questionable!).

Comment

I was wondering how much downtown parking costed. I just hope that I won't have to service that area, if so then I'll take TheBus.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                  I was wondering how much downtown parking costed. I just hope that I won't have to service that area, if so then I'll take TheBus.
                  Adrian, just come guest park my place. No problem. heheheh

Five minute walk to downtown.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Adrian, just come guest park my place. No problem. heheheh

Five minute walk to downtown.

Auntie Lynn
                    I hope you're still good in your offer, because I have a job interview possibly this week. (I'll need to keep this under wraps bumbai turn into bad luck.)
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                    X