Caught red handed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught red handed!

Thank god for the whistleblowers of the world whose consciences overcome their fear of retribution:

A City worker was caught on tape stealing and reselling scrap metal from trash and using a government vehicle and company time to conduct business (he's been doing this for at least 6 years).

The sad part is, the City was notified about the practice 2 weeks ago, he is still on the job!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Caught red handed!

Followup on da buggah: After KGMB presented its videotapes of the City refuse worker, the Mayor promised a full investigation. As of today, that worker has been placed on administrative leave without pay until the investigation is completed. If found guilty, the guy may face some jail time.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Followup on da buggah: After KGMB presented its videotapes of the City refuse worker, the Mayor promised a full investigation. As of today, that worker has been placed on administrative leave without pay until the investigation is completed. If found guilty, the guy may face some jail time.

Miulang
      Frankly, I don't give a flying fajita about the copper/aluminum crap.

It's the releasing of freon into the atmosphere that pisses me off.

And I do believe the Feds will be in on that one.

Comment

He’s not on the job any more.

Worker on Leave While City Investigates

A KGMB9 News Exclusive Report

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Yeah.. the freon upsets me too!

But I don't quite understand. He was definitely stealing time and misusing a company truck. Was he stealing metal that the City was going to recycle, or was it destined for landfill?

Comment

Shoulda, coulda and woulda been caught red handed. So there.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
            X