Kindergarden teacher spoiled US?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindergarden teacher spoiled US?!

Quick back story-daughter (first born) started school -kindergarden last year, in unnamed school, she spoiled us parents rotten, we had memos daily, to the point where us moms would laugh at her. She ran a tight ship, those kids were in line anyday and everyday, I went on a few field trips with the class too-boy she had the best kids, but she made it very clear who she had to take extra TIME with as far as obedience was concerned, but compared to other classes this woman had her stuff straight! She was available every morning-as kids sat outside classroom, hands and feet to themselves-and when standing-hands behind them-no touching/bugging neighbor now! -you could speak to her even if she was busy, and every day at release, she brought the children out about 3 min early (kids back and behaving on wall) and would talk to us parents about anything and everything, and would not release ANY child until she had a visual of the parent.............fine and dandy yeah?

6 weeks later-moving to first grade, If I hadent taken daughter to parent *meet teacher* the day before school started, I wouldnt even know what she looked like-and Im still not sure I do-since my daughter wanted to leave one minute after *meeting* the teacher and teacher handed her a handout dot to dot to sit and color or be on your way and I see you tomorrow! Of course after collecting the supplies. I walk my daughter in mornings to class-teacher rushes up -opens door at bell and GONE-never see her after school-bell rings -and the kids just rush out like cattle ( I know its not kindy-but these are 5-6 y/o kids!) My daughter begs me not to wait at door for her (noone else does mom-um girly your 6-and Im gonna plant my arse by your door!)

So my question is-is this the norm, is THIS what Im having to look forward too? ANd no communication from teacher at all-she could be shopping next to me at Longs and I wouldnt notice-or did her K teacher just really SPOIL US?
    She(her prior K teacher) is set to retire this year -and Im thinking of begging her to stay one more year cause my son starts K next year! And NO-private tuition nor home school isnt an option, for monetary and personal sanity reasons

TIA D
    Last edited by dallascat70; August 4, 2006, 12:43 AM.

Re: Kindergarden teacher spoiled US?!

The quality of instruction will certainly vary greatly, from school to school and from classroom to classroom. We've had duds and superstars. After more than a few duds, to be sure, we changed schools. But we know there'll be low spots at the new school, too.

For the most part, I like the teachers our kids have had. I used to think the "old timers" were the only ones that really worked hard, but we've now seen a couple of wonderful bright new teachers (folks you fear will someday be ground down by the system) and a couple of veterans who were clearly just warming seats until retirement.

Above all, we don't expect schools to provide for most of our kids' educations. That's our job. If we do a good job at home, our kids will get the most out of the classroom, no matter what they find there.

Comment

Working...
    X