Hawaii Prepares for First High School Surfing Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Prepares for First High School Surfing Teams

{br}Hawaii Prepares for a First: High School Surfing Teams{br}nytimes.com - Jun 6 2004 5:50:13 GMT{br}{br}This article was posted automatically. Comments are welcome!

Re: Hawaii Prepares for First High School Surfing Teams

I wish they allowed us to have a team when I was in High school. I don't think there was much surfers back then but if they made it a school sport, I bet more kids would have gotten involved. I know I could have gotten my letter in that sport.

Comment

Hey, somebody might get hurt. Cripes, you know how many football, basketball, soccer, baseball, whatever games I've been to where someone's been seriously injured? The whole anti-surfing thing was completely bizarre to me.

Comment

About time too. ^ Ditto on that. The things people think of sometimes, it's just completely ridiculous.

Comment

There was talk of making it an Olympic sport, too, although some of the venues that have been chosen to host the summer Olympic Games probably wouldn't be too conducive to having big waves (unless they built a biiiiig wave pool like they have in Vegas and Mall of America in MN.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X