wicked headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wicked headache

for the first time in my life, I am suffering from one of these. My head is still sore and I still feel that funkish feeling of wanting to throw up. I don't know if those three excedrin (they expire next year) were a good idea, but it hurt as much to lie down as it did to stay up. I took a 1/2 hr walk because it hurt to sit still and I cannot tell if it gave me relief. I cannot think of eating anything peculiar. The buggah set in around 2p. Anybody else suffer like this? What do you do? Is this a hormone-related thing? TMI:
    my period should arrive next week.
    *sigh* my head hurts, my stomach hurts and my poor family is ducking from me, because they at first didn't take me seriously (that is a tangent and a half).....
    Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; August 5, 2006, 08:33 PM.

pax

Re: wicked headache

I get migraines. Sounds kinda like a migraine. Or maybe not. Mine correlate more closely with what's in your spoiler, but not always. They can come out of nowhere. I get light sensitivity, nausea/puking and throbbing, agonizing pain. But people are different -- not everyone gets the same symptoms.

If it happens again, I suggest you see a neurologist. NOT a gp, most of them are idiots as far as migraines are concerned. They think there's only one set of symptoms, and if you don't exactly fit those criteria, they pooh-pooh it. Not all gp docs are so afflicted, but many are 'cause it's not their specialty. They don't know any better.

Good luck!
    Last edited by MadAzza; August 5, 2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

for the first time in my life, I am suffering from one of these. My head is still sore and I still feel that funkish feeling of wanting to throw up
      Hope it wasn't because of Maddies centipede post...It made me want to throw up kind of...

I wrote a bit today about nausea in the thread you already posted in...

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=6171

Maybe you like revisit and we can get a person experienced with Nausea to answer my question

Comment

Pua'i Mana'o, first of all, I hope the headaches go away. I know how it feels. I've suffered for years with Clusters. So bad that I have Oxygen Tanks in my hale when I get my attacks. To break the cycle I am put on steroids for about a week. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can go without an attack for a year or two. When it strikes it strikes with a vengence. It is disabling.

Being 50 years old, I also notice I have regular headaches which is common for pre-menapausal symptoms. I take prescribed 500mg naproxen twice a day. It is non narcotic. I also make sure I drink lots of liquids and stay in a quiet room with easy listening music or no sounds at all.

Diet is also a good source to watch when you have a tendency for headaches. There was a thread in which we covered this but I couldn't find it tonight. Hence, my time posting my answer to you.

Take care and God Bless

Auntie Lynn

Update: 10:20 p.m. I found the Thread. http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....ight=migraines
        Last edited by 1stwahine; August 5, 2006, 10:21 PM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha Pua'i ... and I'm so sorry to hear about this! One of my twins used to get migraines -- he's not had one for awhile; and my daughter had one, a wicked one, that made her vomit, made her disoriented and scared the bejeebers outa me! She couldn't find a comfortable position in which to hold her head -- it was just awful.

I took her to the ER because I wasn't sure what was going on. They did a spinal tap to rule out some larger problem -- and they were thankfully able to rule out whatever it was).

Anyway -- when I took my youngest twin to the Dr. for his migraines, Naproxen Sodium was recommended. It's over the counter; you can get it at Longs, Costco, etc. near the Tylenol, Advil, etc.

I make sure each child takes it at the first sign of any potential headache, just so they can avoid the horrors of a full-on migraine. I think the only thing worse than watching one's "babies" suffer like that, is, your case -- where YOU are the one suffering!

Take care!
          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Sorry Erika... I would rather suffer than watch my baby suffer...nuff on that.

Hope all goes well with your twins... at what age did they begin to have these problems?

Comment

Manoa, I know what you mean ... perhaps I hadn't thought through what I said before posting. It's just that if I'M in pain and unable to move/speak/function -- I can't do anything for the kids.

Only the younger of the twins got the migraines, starting at age 11 - he's 13 now and thankfully has not had one in quite awhile. Their daddy's side of the family, the men in particular, have a history of really bad headaches.

My daughter -- (different father, to whom I was married, thank you) -- has only had the one really bad migraine. That may be because we nip any headache in the bud now, at the first sign ... I'm sure there are those who take a more naturopathic route for such things, but I'm unschooled in that area -- and want my kids to have relief ASAP. (I hope that makes you feel better about my sentiment, Manoa.)
              I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

thank you everyone. My sleep was awful and it was hard to get up this morning, which is very unusual for me, because I am an early riser. One of my first thoughts were to cut off my hair (it is to my shoulder blades! It must be too heavy!) but didn't do so. If that was what a migraine was...((shakes head and swears under breath))

I am going to follow up on the recommendations and make an appt with a neuro (if my insurance will let me, if not, gotta go that gp route first) and see what is up with that.

pax

Comment

Working...
                X