Barnyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnyard

Saw Barnyard as the second movie of the day at Ward. While the movie had it's fun moments it had some morals on what it takes to be a leader.

Couple of things I couldn't figure out is that a couple of members from Otis the cow circle of friends (Otis is the main character in the movie) are not your typical barnyard animals, one of them is a mouse, the other is a ferret who daydreams of eating another member who happens to be a rooster that can't crow. Might as well mention the last member who is a pig who likes to eat apples.

The other thing I couldn't figure it is why the male cows had udders. I had the impression that only the female cows had them.
    Last edited by helen; August 5, 2006, 10:25 PM.

Re: Barnyard

The "male cow" issue, I'm guessing, is part of the whole joke. Of course, with the "male cow to female cow" flirting and cow pregnancy and childbirth... basically, your brain will explode attempting to find logic in a Nickelodeon movie.

We took the kids to see this yesterday. The thing about Nickelodeon movies is, they'd be fine... on Nickelodeon. That it goes first to the big screen to make a $50 family outing is a bit of a downside. We won't be buying it on DVD, that's for sure.

But, hey, it was a kid's movie, not Citizen Kane. I actually laughed a few times. (There was one big guy in the back who was laughing harder than any of the kids in the theater.) Some of the humor is pretty fast paced, no doubt to zing a bit over the heads of younger kids. And when the twentieth or twenty first popular song started playing, all I could think was, "The music licensing for this thing must've been a bear!"

But it gets a weak "C" in my book, and probably a lower grade from Kilinahe... though she was mostly upset about the trailer for the remake of "Charlotte's Web." But that's another thread.

Comment

Re: Barnyard

must be a term for that aspect of kid's fare that has a level that appeals to adults.. that goes over the kids heads. Clever they build it in. makes movies palpable for the parents. Kinda like when I usta babysit neighborhood kids and watched sesame st. That stuff was well done, clever and cool.

Comment

Working...
      X