UH Football Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Football Tickets

Is it possible to buy tickets for specific UH football games online? From what I can gather at the UH Athletics website, the only options relate to season tickets. A friend of mine is going to be in Honolulu and wants to attend the Purdue game on Nov. 25, but is wondering if he can get tickets ahead of time or if queuing up at the box office that day is the only option.

Re: UH Football Tickets

I normally buy mine individually at Stan Sheriff or Campus Center.
    Never attempted to purchase them online! (but you would think they would make that option available)

Anyone going to the Alabama Game? (that place is going to be a "red sea")

Comment

They're incorporating the new online buying system this season I hear. Peeps with seasons tickets can put their tickets up for grabs via the system if they can't make it to that game. I think buyers buy at face value but the season ticket holders won't get that in return. At least it'll keep they're seat filled.

Comment

The season ticket holder gets 60% and UH skims off the other 40%. The ticket office is thinking like the UH Bookstore .................

Comment

I don't think that's a total rip, since the "face value" of the ticket is probably greater than what a season-ticket-holder pays.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Is it possible to buy tickets for specific UH football games online? From what I can gather at the UH Athletics website, the only options relate to season tickets.
            The tickets I had for the last UH football games I attended at Aloha Stadium ('04 and '05 season) were tickets that I purchased online. Not only is one able to purchase them for a specific game, one can also choose where they would like to sit in the stadium, of course, upon availability. Like you mentioned, PZ, the web site where one goes to purchase UH football tickets online (as well as Wahine volleyball, baseball tickets at Les Murakami Stadium, etc.) is Etickethawaii.com, which is only concentrating on season ticket renewals at this time; tickets to specific games usually go on sale online around the end of August. Last year, single game tickets went on sale August 26. I'm personally waiting for the single ticket sale to start in order to procure admission to the Oregon State game on December 2. I'll be checking the site often now that we are deep in August; I expect the etickethawaii.com web site will be announcing single game sales shortly.
            Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; August 9, 2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
              Etickethawaii.com, which is only concentrating on season ticket renewals at this time; tickets to specific games usually go on sale online around the end of August. Last year, single game tickets went on sale August 26. .
              I used to work at the Campus Center ticket office up until a few years ago, and while I was there single game ticket sales usually coincided with the first day of classes. It's August 21st this year.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Thanks, Surfingfarmboy and Lei Liko! Glad to hear individual ticket sales go online, too, eventually. Though of course I'd have been happy to go to the box office in person to pick them up on my friend's behalf if it came to that.

Comment

I'm not sure how the new system works but I think it might be beneficial to wait til almost game day to get your tickets. If you get them too early you will probably end up getting the nosebleed or raincoat seats.

Tickets have been available online for awhile but the new system puts even premium seats up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                    I'm not sure how the new system works but I think it might be beneficial to wait til almost game day to get your tickets. If you get them too early you will probably end up getting the nosebleed or raincoat seats.

Tickets have been available online for awhile but the new system puts even premium seats up for grabs.
                    Etickethawaii has allowed buyers of UH football tickets to select what section they want to sit in, at least they have the last two years I've bought them through the site. The assignment of seats was not a random process based on the caprices of a computer...a buyer had input as to the specific section he/she wanted to sit in.

In 2004, I went to the Michigan State game in which I purchased a ticket through Etickethawaii. First I told ETH that I wanted to sit on the sideline, lower deck. After the program at ETH was told appx. where I wanted wanted to sit during the game (what was then $32 for that ticket; MSU was "premium game"), a pop-up screen of all the sections at Aloha Stadium, configured for football, appeared next. I went for broke, and told ETH that I wanted 50 yard line seats, lower deck orange, makai side. (Like I was going to get THOSE seats!) About 15 seconds later, ETH gave me the exact seats in the area I wanted...I got some seats in a section that was for the most part, a "premium section"...a section where one usually has to buy a season ticket for, as well as make donation to UH in order to get them.

In 2005, I went to the SDSU game...I wanted to see Vili the Warrior up close during the game, so I requested seats in the lower deck Diamond Head end zone. Just like above, I was able to nearly pinpoint as to the seats I wanted...I got tickets in the fifth row and had a clear, up-close, unobstucted view of Vili.

I think if ETH intends on using this same superior system of selling tickets in 2006, it's probably best to get your tickets as soon as the single game ticket sales are up and running, in August, if you want to avoid be assigned those Pearl Harbor side upper deck seats way WAY up behind the Jumbotron.

Comment

Individual game tickets are now on sale at www.etickethawaii.com now! I been checking every day now about a week, and the individual ticket option finally showed up. I'll be buying my tickets for the Oregon State game shortly..anybody else plan on going to that one?

BTW, is there a chance that game, along with the Purdue game, will NOT start at 6:05PM? (They're both listed as "TBA" as starting times on the etickethawaii.com site) I'd love to see an early start time for the OSU game, as seeing that I will have arrived from the East Coast the day before, I'll still be on East Coast time internally. Those 6:05PM starts feel like 11:05 PM starts to me that time of the year..if the game turns into a typical UH high-scoring shootout and lasts past 10PM, I'll really be dragging myself home on TheBus' Football Express to the Windward Side, with a "internal feel-like time" of 3AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy

BTW, is there a chance that game, along with the Purdue game, will NOT start at 6:05PM? (They're both listed as "TBA" as starting times on the etickethawaii.com site)
                        I believe those are still TBA because those are games ESPN has the option of picking up if those the two teams are doing well and it makes it worthwhile for them to show. If the Warriors are stinking it up by then, count on the ^:05 start.......

Comment

Working...
                        X