Fall 2006 (CRAP) Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2006 (CRAP) Season

Is it just me or are the upcoming new shows this fall ALL look like crap. Preview after preview my wife and I say this show can't go on for more than a season or two. It's like they will make a program just to make that "complete series" DVD,than to make something of quality(that run 10+ seasons) like Hawaii 5-0 or M*A*S*H.
    No wonder cable has all the "good" shows....don't believe me? Look at what network TV has to offer: CBS ABC NBC and FOX .

Last season it was UFO/Alien(Invasion, Surface)shows. This season the theme is hostage/kidnapping( all the networks have at least one show like this)or they're all looking for the next "Gregory House".

I guess if the NEW shows flop they can always put on a stupid Reality show in it's place and call it entertainment . I guess like the movies, TV too has run out of good ideas.
    Last edited by alohabear; August 9, 2006, 09:22 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Fall(CRAP) Season

I don't watch the Korean shows but there is something to be said for their format. They don't try to make the show stretch for seasons until way past the shark jumping stage. They know when they start that the show will end in a season or a certain number of eps and just concentrate on trying to make a good story. Also, the good guys don't always win. A friend of mine was shocked that in one series, all the good guys were defeated and killed. I think that one was supposed to be historically based but still not something commonly seen in American shows.

Comment

I am a big fan for Grey's Anatomy, The Medium and a HUGE fan of Simon Baker (Smith) used to be the Guardian, and NCIS!

So I can't complain! That will fill my week with mind numbing entertainment!

The rest of the time my kids will be watchig BLUES CLUES!
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm hoping House and Prison Break will be good this season. We'll see

Comment

Other than watching the summer series on Sci-Fi and USA Network I haven't been paying much attention to the upcoming fall TV series, other than waiting for Lost on ABC.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
            Other than watching the summer series on Sci-Fi and USA Network I haven't been paying much attention to the upcoming fall TV series, other than waiting for Lost on ABC.
            Oh I forgot about LOST (never miss that) and there is something I watch on Sci Fi....Oh yes, DARK ANGEL is coming! Loved it the first time too.

Comment

How much longer can the castaways be LOST? They should wrap it all up this coming season before it get stale.
              I wish SCIFI picks up Surface, because we were left hanging.

Flickr

Comment

Has someone picked up the CW in Honolulu yet?

Has there been a follow up to Erika's article from May?

I don't know what I'll do without my Gilmore Girls.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Noticed that CBS is running a promo for a new series called Jericho. Kind of looks interesting however it might conflict with Lost's timeslot.

Comment

Noticed that CBS is running a promo for a new series called Jericho. Kind of looks interesting however it might conflict with Lost's timeslot.
                    Am I the only one who loves Pamela Reed? Glad she's back on TV.

Flickr

Comment

I dont like watching those nuclear war type things.... with the world the way it is it is jus too damn scary...
                      Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

I wish that "Stacked" (from FOX with Pamela Anderson) was coming back...it is my secret closet silly show (:

Comment

My wife's looking forward to "Smith" on CBS, which is getting good notices...

It was interesting how, the first year after "LOST," there were several eerie, sci-fi shows... and now, the second year after "LOST," there are still a couple of new series that seem to have some links. "Jericho" is like "LOST" on the continent (is the rest of the world still out there?), and "The Nine" is all flashbacks and interconnectedness.

Comment

Working...
                          X