Chris Scanlan buys up Jack in the Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Scanlan buys up Jack in the Box

He used to run Kazi Foods, they are responsible for A&W, Burger King, Long John Silvers, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants. I hope he wasnt the one responsible for driving Burger King into the ground. I remember a long time ago BK was just as clean as McD's. Kazi Foods is not known for spending money on keeping their restaurants clean. But now I am a Wendy's fan (when I can eat it, escaping my diet). But I really wish someone would bring in Del Taco.

reference: http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/09/news/story03.html
    Last edited by speedtek; August 9, 2006, 10:20 PM.

Re: Chris Scanlan buys up Jack in the Box

Originally posted by speedtek
    But I really wish someone whould bring in Del Taco.
    you want stuff on the mainland?! MOVE to the phaquin mainland.
    sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
      He used to run Kazi Foods, they are responsible for A&W, Burger King, Long John Silvers, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants. I hope he wasnt the one responsible for driving Burger King into the ground.
      I'm also thinking the A&W/Long John Silver restaurants in Moanalua and Waipio have also gone bust, not sure about Millilani.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        you want stuff on the mainland?! MOVE to the phaquin mainland. sheesh.
        Cool it, Kimo. If this is going to be your stock response to every post relating to a mainland franchise, consider your views known and share your own distinct brand of aloha in other topics.

Comment

Wasn't Cimms Hawaii the company that went bankrupt and left several Burger King restaurants shuttered a few years back? I think Kazi was the one that picked 'em up after that. I'd think the Cimms days were the darkest days for that franchise.

Since Scanlan (and CFO Eddie Park) split from Kazi, the question is where the bulk of the local business expertise now resides. Considering the scope of the plans Scanlan had last year, mentioning eateries like Ruby Tuesday and Cheesecake Factory, I'm don't think owning Jack in the Box restaurants was the extent of their ambition.

I know we lost all Wendy's outlets for a while... but didn't the local Jack in the Box franchisee, whoever it was, also hit a rough patch in the '80s? The overall brand definitely seems healthier now than it did back then -- even if it's largely due to the talking Jack head on TV.

Comment

For Jack-in-the-Box it was a combonation of food posioning on the mainland and violent crime related events in the Hawai stores (murder at one place, armed robbery at another place) that happened during the mid 1980's.

Comment

MY BAD: In 2002 it was Chris that cleaned up the place and raised the prices. Cimms Inc is the one that drove it into the ground. He also brought in the The Long John Silvers and A/W francises. Which I feel were both overpriced and in a bad location.
              Originally posted by kimo55
              you want stuff on the mainland?! MOVE to the phaquin mainland.
              I just added you to my a-list, you must be from the mainland cuz you just iz rude.

Comment

Working...
              X