Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

"Intelligence in the plot to blow up flights from the United Kingdom to the United States is "suggestive of an al Qaeda plot," U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff says."

"Air travel alert high: U.S. suspects al Qaeda ties
    Homeland Security: 'We cannot be sure ... plot completely thwarted'

"The United States on Thursday raised its terror threat level after British police said they had arrested more than 20 suspects in a major terrorist plot to blow up passenger jets flying between the United Kingdom and the United States."

"The intelligence that uncovered the plot "makes very strong links to al Qaeda," a senior U.S. administration official told CNN."

"The plot involved hiding masked liquid explosives in carry-on luggage, a U.S. government official told CNN. ('Untold death and destruction' planned -- 2:37)" http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

Twenty-one people have been arrested. They caught the main players. It was a plot of Global deminsions. It was clear they were focusing on US involvement.

"The plot involved hiding masked liquid explosives in carry-on luggage, a U.S. government. Some of the flights involved in the plot would have been going from the UK to New York, Washington, D.C., and California, a U.S. government official said."

"The plot involved Continental, United, and American Airlines, according to an administration official who noted that the list was not exclusive of other airlines."

TERRORISM is REAL. TERRORISTS exists. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever in dealing or making deals with them. Tonight, thanks to the excellent work of the UK - American Lives have been saved.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 10, 2006, 02:41 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

Where are the suspects from?

Comment

They're British born of Paki descent.

Lots of activity today--arrest of men in Ohio carrying money, airline passenger lists, security check point info, and lots of cell phones; some missing Montana State U. students from Egypt.

Glad hubby doesn't travel much anymore.
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Miulang and Waioli will no doubt find a reason why the United States and Israel forced these poor Pakistani's to have to blow up a few planes due to poverty, oppression, big oil, foreign policy, etc etc, oh and George Bush of course.
        Last edited by kamuelakea; August 10, 2006, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Re: Terrorists Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

In this morning's StarBulletin http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/10/news/story01.html
          Security tightens at Hawaii, other airports as Brits foil plane bomb plot
          Homeland Security raises the national threat level to orange
          Associated Press

"Passengers at Hawaii airports will undergo an additional security screening at boarding gates to ensure they don't take any liquids or gels onboard aircraft, state officials said late last night.

The announcement came as the U.S. Department of Homeland Security raised the threat level for flights within the U.S. or entering the country to high, or orange. The move stemmed from a reported terror plot in London."

Precautions are being taken.

This brings back memories of 9/11...luckily, this time no lives were LOST!

Yes, traveling is no longer the same as before. Nothing is. As long as Terrorists lurks to cause harm and evil deeds on the innocent ~ nothing will ever be the same again.

We must all come together and take a stand as Americans to eliminate Terrorism and the Terror it brings to all Humanity.

Once again, there is no excuse.

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; August 10, 2006, 06:16 AM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I saw this on the news lastnight and called my brother in Germany. He said that it seems there is quite a bit of shock there and they are feeling it even locally.

He said he was glad they were stopped but is not feeling as safe over there as he was.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I am so lucky that my new job responsibilities only include travel on one island ... Oahu! I used to rack up so many flier miles, I didn't know how to get rid of them fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                Miulang and Waioli will no doubt find a reason why the United States and Israel forced these poor Pakistani's to have to blow up a few planes due to poverty, oppression, big oil, foreign policy, etc etc, oh and George Bush of course.
                Excuse me? In another post on another thread I said that of all the terrorists around, the Pakistani terrorists (with loose affiliation with al Qaeda) are the most evil, sophisticated and pernicious of them all. Scotland Yard hasn't officially come out and said they were officially al Qaeda or just wannabes, but also remember that Pakistan may be hiding Osama and the country has nuclear weapons too. Their government is one of those that will take help (including from us) from anyone that offers it. These Pakistani terrorists are the ones who were responsible for the bombings in Bali and Indonesia. When al-Zawahri made his televised plea to terrorists around the world to unite in jihad with Hezbollah, I said that Jews and Americans would be in peril in Southeast Asia in particular, and I think that's still the case. Here's the list of known Pakistani terrorist groups that I posted on another thread. The ones termed "extremist" are the ones that are the most dangerous.

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; August 10, 2006, 09:53 AM.
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

My former husband flies the UK-Newark route for Continental. You can bet this makes me sick thinking about what could have happened.

He just got back into HNL last night, thank God.

F***ing terrorists!

ETA: Of course it would be just as bad even if hubby weren't on that route. Didn't mean to say I care only because of that. The whole thing is frightening.
                  Last edited by MadAzza; August 10, 2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Kamuela, I mean this for real: you can be such a pr*ck sometimes. That was a cheap shot. Miulang posts her guts off with as much info overload she can muster, and whether anyone agrees with her or not, that is respectable. You, on the other hand, conjecture intogetting personal. Not cool.

God bless that the terrorist acts were thrwarted and let us hope that this means we recommit to the resolve of FINDING BIN LADEN.

pax

Comment

Wow. Gee. Bait'em or what? Passive aggressive behavior is for wimps. Exactly what does this contribute to the thread? You'd get a s-load of red chicklets for this. Instead, if Auntie doesn't mind: wack wacks for you!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Air travel is going to be a little sketchy for a while. US is in Amber Alert. Heathrow is in lockdown.

If anyone is travelling in the near future, expect big delays in security.

The new rules.............

(August 10, 2006) – Effective today, the TSA has informed that travelers are not allowed to transport any liquids, gels, lotions or similar items in their carry-on luggage. This includes items such as beverages, hairspray, toothpaste and shampoo. These items must now be placed in checked luggage or they will be discarded. The TSA will remove these items from customers' carry-on luggage at airport security checkpoints and at the gate.

These guidelines also apply to all liquids purchased in the sterile area of the airport.

The TSA has made exceptions for baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or small child is traveling; prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket; and insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines. These items must be presented for inspection at the security checkpoint.

The airline is suggesting that customers consider checking all of their luggage in an effort to minimize delays at airport security checkpoints. Northwest is also encouraging customers to allow additional time before their flight. Customers traveling domestically are encouraged to arrive two hours prior to departure, while those flying to international destinations are encouraged to arrive three hours prior to departure.

Another version.............

U.S Rules for Carry-on Luggage and Security Checkpoints

Based on the latest terrorist threat, the U.S. government has issued new regulations with regards to air travel.

All liquids in carry-on bags are banned including: beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency
                        Travelers will be forced to remove such items at all security check points
                        For those traveling with an infant, baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (diapers, wipes, creams, diaper disposal bags) will be allowed
                        Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger's ticket will be allowed
                        Insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines are permitted
                        Any food purchased in the international departure lounge must be consumed before boarding
                        All passengers must be hand searched and their footwear and all items they are carrying must be X-rayed

No Electronics or Carry-on Baggage on All Flights Originating in U.K.

No hand baggage can be carried on board of any aircraft departing any United Kingdom airport. The U.K. government has advised that this will apply to all airlines operating from U.K. airports.

Electronic or battery operated items, such as: computer laptops, DVD players, mobile phones, iPods, camera equipment and any other electronic items must be part of your checked baggage.

Items that may be carried on board in a single (ideally transparent) plastic bag are:

Travel documents essential for the journey (i.e. passports, tickets and visas)
                        Pocket sized wallets and pocked sized purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards and identity cards). Handbags are not permitted
                        Prescribed medicines essential for the duration of the flight, except in liquid form unless verified as authentic
                        Spectacles and sunglasses, without cases
                        Contact lenses, without bottles of solution
                        For those traveling with an infant: baby food, milk and sanitary items essential for the flight
                        Keys (but no electrical key fobs)
                        Every other item must be carried in customer’s checked luggage

Maddy, glad things are cool in your world.......
                        Last edited by nachodaddy; August 10, 2006, 10:34 AM.
                        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                          Air travel is going to be a little sketchy for a while. US is in Amber Alert.
                          "Code Orange" for all flights within and en route to the U.S., "Code Red" specifically for flights to the U.S. from the U.K. Gotta love the U.S. and our many rainbows. Amber Alert is something else entirely.

The liquid restrictions are going to take some tweaking. Baby bottles, prescription drugs in liquid form... balancing security and reason, once again, will be a crapshoot, and the airline and travel industries (and the lives of travelers) will be disrupted. Which is, of course, as much the objective of terrorism as an actual exploded plane.

The threat is real, though, and the ways in which seemingly innocuous fluids can become weapons is horrifying. See Philippine Airlines Flight 434, and Oplan Bojinka. This plot wasn't the first with this M.O., and likely isn't the last.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            "Code Orange" for all flights within and en route to the U.S., "Code Red" specifically for flights to the U.S. from the U.K. Gotta love the U.S. and our many rainbows. Amber Alert is something else entirely.

Good call Ryan, pulled the wrong color out of crayon box.

Disruption. Yup. Not quite "cats and dogs living together in sin" but still a pain in the @ss.

Let's let this one play out. Less gray here than the current affairs in the Middle East (and strikes a little closer to home). Innocent civilians on a plane. This could happen to anyone of us. Someone/somebody/some group is responsible for this and I suspect the United States will react accordingly. Then we will have a lively discussion on what exactly is "proportionate" and "disproportionate".
                            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

No liquids or creams?

This is supposed to prevent smuggling explosives on board. I'm going to assume that includes high explosives such as Astrolite which looks a lot like milk.

However all explosives are nitrogen-based. Which means that explosive residue detection equipment is supposed to be able to detect the presence of any of these explosives.

Rather than deprive people of innocent items such as sunscreen and drinking water, why not just take a swab of the items and run them into the testing equipment which is right there at the security checkpoint?

Or is it because that equipment isn't capable of detecting these explosives?

As one passenger was quoted, may as well just fly naked already!

And with all those cameras and other expensive electronics now in luggage, a bunch of dishonest TSA people are gonna score a windfall.

Comment

Working...
                              X