VH1 World Series of Pop Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH1 World Series of Pop Culture

Just got done watching the finals. Been addicted to this, even watched the repeats, for the last month.

I like the format. Just enough levity and being serious all at the same time. Even the dude who asks the questions is cast correctly.

So, I got to thinking................

What if......someone put together the "World Series of Hawaiian Islands Pop Culture" or something like that? Gotta clean up the name as a mimimum.

You could have cool categories such as : food, media (with seperate subcategories), locations, geography, etc or just run with the categories Ryan has here.

Could not do it online. Too much googling and calling your Mom kinda stuff.

Have to do it in person, with teams, with similar advancement/elimination protocol. At the end crown a Grand Champion.

Thoughts???? Too much of an overactive mind today for me today????
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Re: VH1 World Series of Pop Culture

I enjoyed watching this show as well. Well, I enjoyed yelling the names of U2 albums at the tv screen when the contestants could only come up with two!

This forum at Televisionwithoutpity.com is an interesting read, because many of the contestants have posted there. Lots of behind-the-scenes info including the fact, not surprisingly, that many of the contestants are aspiring actors and actresses.

Comment

I loved this show. I'd love to be on it some day! Of course, I know it's easy to spit out the answers when you're in the comforts of your own armchair, but still.

You had U2 albums...Friends episodes and John Hughes films were my specialty!
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Wow. I can't believe we weren't watching this. My wife is a pop-culture fiend. You know the lifeline you'd call from a gameshow if you didn't know the answer? That'd be her. Even the random murder suspect on CSI? She can peg him and name three other things he's been in.

Our very own scrivener would likely have excelled as well, given his Jeapordy chops. Though obviously this show has less Shakespeare and more Cher.

Comment

Sounds like a good show! Anyone with connections to OC16 wanna pitch this to the programing dept.? I'd watch it....better than these karaoke wannabe contests any day.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

I love trivia game shows. It's fun to test myself on the questions they ask, even if I might not get them correct or know the answers to all of them. I was rather pleased with myself when I answered every single question in the '90's music video category correctly... although it was a bit unfair that half the questions were about Spike Jonze videos...

Comment

Working...
            X