Tiny cheapskate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny cheapskate

I opened the classifieds in this morning's Advertiser and went to the back page, looking at motorcycles for sale. The bottom half of that page is "The Tiny Page" which I guess is published every Thursday.
    It's broken up into segments, and the top left says "Cheap Gift" and has a few photos. The text says:
    "To my brother Tad, and my new sister-in-law Namoi... here is your wedding gift! Your wedding photos in my Tiny Page!!! Priceless. Really... priceless for me. It cost me nothing... and I get to plug my friend Phil who helped with the tux. Phil's Tux Shop also suits me up for any formal occasion that I have to attend or emcee. Oh yeah, back to my brother and his bride... enjoy your color spread here in the Honolulu Advertiser (a month late, but better late than never)!"

I'd call that "despicable" but surely there's a much stronger adjective for his exceptionally poor taste.
    Oh, and the two photos at the top of the item? One is of the sign at Phil's Tux Shop, and the other is a photo of... Phil.
    There's also a photo of the wedding's emcee, Darren Yamamoto. Gee, what a surprise that Tiny's own brother didn't pick Tiny to be the emcee!
    I haven't seen anything Tiny has done since the Tiny Wars here many moons ago. And now I know why.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Tiny cheapskate

Absolutely No Class!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You left out the most important part: What kind of bike are you looking for, Lika?

P.S. I'm sure Tiny was kidding with that ad. Hmm ... maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        You left out the most important part: What kind of bike are you looking for, Lika?
        I just knew you were gonna ask that question, Maddie.
        Harley Springer or Softtail Classic, Yamaha Roadstar, Honda VTX or Shadow Ace (that was my last bike)... something along those lines. Your basic FatBoy "rolling easy chair" kine bike.

P.S. I'm sure Tiny was kidding with that ad. Hmm ... maybe not.
        I think "not".
        But I'm sure his brother and new sister-in-law were thrilled with it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          But I'm sure his brother and new sister-in-law were thrilled with it.
          At least he isn't posting to HT about them, so we are ALL spared from that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            At least he isn't posting to HT about them, so we are ALL spared from that one.
            Definitive proof that there really is a God.
            And that he (or she) is indeed all merciful.

Comment

Working...
            X