Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local aquarium fish for sale

LocoFish "local fish for local aquariums"

I sell only local fish found here in Hawaii.
    All fish and inverts are kept in my tanks at least a week or until they are feeding well before they are offered for sale.

The following fish are juveniles ranging in size from 1 to 4 inches which makes them perfect for smaller aquariums -

Fish -

Damsel Fish (Hawaiian Dascyllus) $5.00
    Cardinal Fish $5.00
    Soldier Fish (Menpachi) $15.00
    Lion Fish $20.00
    Scorpion Fish $12.00
    Butterfly Fish $12.00
    Lizard Fish $8.00
    Squirrel Fish $15.00

Invertebrates -

Banded Coral Shrimp $6.00 (for one) / $15 (for mated pair)
    Marbled Shrimp $9.00

Collector Urchin $8.00
    Shingle Urchin $7.00
    Black Boring Urchin $5.00

Hermit Crab $5.00
    Brown Crab $5.00

Black Sea Cucumber $6.00

Nudibranch $5.00

Brittlestar $5.00

I deliver to your house or business personally so there is a $15 minimum on all sales
    All sales are cash only at the time of delivery

No delivery charge for the Honolulu area, but there may be a charge for some other areas - call me to find out

If you have any questions call me at (808) 220 3119
    (if no answer, leave a message I'm probably in the water and will call you as soon as possible)

Thanks,
    John
    (reba)

Re: Local aquarium fish for sale

I sell only local fish found here in Hawaii.
    is this even legal?

All fish and inverts are kept in my tanks at least a week or until they are feeding well before they are offered for sale.
    Animal entrapment...! Take em from the ocean... pin em up in your tiny aquarium... let em die... or sell em.... Sad!

Well see what others think...

I see it as animal abuse to local fish! Are you licensed to do this kine?

Hey why your at it... why don't you throw in some sand from the beach!

Got any blue jellyfish for sale?
    Last edited by damontucker; August 10, 2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      is this even legal?

Animal entrapment...! Take em from the ocean... pin em up in your tiny aquarium... let em die... or sell em.... Sad!

Well see what others think...

I see it as animal abuse to local fish! Are you licensed to do this kine?

Hey why your at it... why don't you throw in some sand from the beach!

Got any blue jellyfish for sale?
      manoasurfer,

since you don't seem to know, try the yellow pages under "Pet Shops" and call any of the 30 or 40 stores that sell tropical fish and ask them if it is legal to sell aquarium fish (didn't you have a pet fish as a kid?)

Also, my smallest "tiny aquarium" is 30 gallons and I almost never lose fish - if they don't do well they go back to ocean where I found them. And yes I have a license - it is called a "Aquaculture Facility License", cost $50 and requires that you report what you catch, where you catch it and when. Hey, bra even you could get one, eh?

(DAR site for licencse is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\internet stuff\Fish Stuff\Hawaii regulations\licenses DAR.htm)

Comment

if they don't do well they go back to ocean where I found them.
        Great... capture them... cripple em... then send back home to the ocean to be eaten by another fish!
        C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\internet stuff\Fish Stuff\Hawaii regulations\licenses DAR.htm)
        Great a link to your own CPU!

Sorry if I come across gruff... I'm an animal lover... not a capturer and seller!

Comment

Geez, Manoa, get a grip. The guy sells aquarium fish and has a license to do so. If you have a problem with where fish come from, take it up with their designer. And stop eating meat.

Hell, at least he's a local fish provider. If I recall correctly, there's a huge volume of international trade in these critters. I'd rather buy a local fish from a local company than end up with some foreign species flown in from Thailand... a fish that may very well be unhealthy, or carrying diseases that would make it a risk if released in our streams or oceans (as unwanted aquarium fish often are).

Comment

Ok...sorry PZ...

just seems kind of awkward...?

But then heck... now that I think about it... I know people who fish for fish just so they can sell em on the side of the road to eat!

My bad Reba!

But still an interesting career field! Let me know when you catch a blue jelly fish... I'll buy it from you... HONESTLY!

you on the sauce again pz
            hell
            j/k

Comment

well, gruff would be an understatement - and since you seem to have a thing for imagined "animal cruelty" I inflict on my fish (without knowing me or my business) perhaps you should check on how all those cows, pigs, fish, chickens etc... you've eaten your entire life were kept, fed, slaughtered and nicely packaged up for you (no one is a vegitarian from birth) before you attack me. I bet your going to get right on that. They were animals too, Mr. animal lover. Somebody captures and sells all that food you buy in the store, it doesn't walk in on its' own. You might try getting off your high horse before you fall off and hurt your hypocritical ideals.

Keeping fish isn't to torture them or eat them, it is simply allows people who may not be able to go out into the ocean to appreciate the amazing life in it. Some people just enjoy watching fish and inverts and their interactions. Too bad you don't get it, then again maybe if you got an aquarium you might chill out a little and tone down the ranting.

Comment

Reba...

I am personally apologizing... Manoa...

Now if you want to talk about food so much...there are plenty other threads to talk about them.

Good luck with your business.

FWIW: I'm not a vegetarian... I love my meat! I'll be the first to gut a pig in front of my baby son.... in fact... I'll be the one to teach my son to gut a pig as soon as he's mature enough to use a knife!
                And I also love fishing! In the northwest... that was one of my hobbies.... catching the fish and Whacking them on the head to kill them!

Personally... A simple Hello or something first...I jumped on you more for the initial post before introducing yourself and getting to know us a little better.... which I would like to do!

Friends,
                Manoa
                Last edited by damontucker; August 10, 2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  Reba...

I am personally apologizing... Manoa...

Now if you want to talk about food so much...there are plenty other threads to talk about them.

Good luck with your business.

FWIW: I'm not a vegetarian... I love my meat! I'll be the first to gut a pig in front of my baby son.... in fact... I'll be the one to teach my son to gut a pig as soon as he's mature enough to use a kife!
                  And I also love fishing! In the northwest... that was one of my hobbies.... catching the fish and Whacking them on the head to kill them!

Personally... A simple Hello or something first...I jumped on you more for the initial post before introducing yourself and getting to know us a little better.... which I would like to do!

Friends,
                  Manoa
                  apology accepted manoa...

sorry there was no intro or talk story from me, but maybe later on when I have time - i got this business so i can spend as much time in the ocean as possible and that's where i gotta goto now before the sun goes down...

reba

Comment

just a little fyi..that's how Coral Fish Hawaii get their fishies for sale..they hire divers to go get them fish, then sell at retail..when my husband used to dive(he was a MSDI) he approached them about getting into the business but declined when he found out depending on the type of fish, they would only offer a few dollars for it :P

Comment

frick...hook me up reba..! I like one weekend job at the beach collecting fish

Oh wait... you need buyers...not employees...das why you posting...my bad again!
                      Last edited by damontucker; August 10, 2006, 07:23 PM. Reason: correction needed

Comment

Wait a minute.

Now as you all know, I'm a God-Fearin, Red-nekken, Business Ownin, Republicrat who is not a radical enviro-dude. But something is wrong.

They used to call South Kohala the Gold Coast because when you flew over the reef, it had a golden yellow hue from all the fish in the reef. Now you be lucky to see a large school when diving.

So I'm just sayin that if you want to capture wild fish and keep them for display, then it should be regulated (like zoos). Salt water aquariums are difficult to control. Do they raise salt water species in captivity?

Maybe I'm turnin' into a long-hair hippy environmentalist. Better call the doc.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

da guy says he get a license..then isn't that regulated?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                            So I'm just sayin that if you want to capture wild fish and keep them for display, then it should be regulated (like zoos). Salt water aquariums are difficult to control. Do they raise salt water species in captivity?

Maybe I'm turnin' into a long-hair hippy environmentalist. Better call the doc.
                            Yes, they do sell tank raised saltwater fish (like all the varieties of clownfish or damsels, for instance). That's the only kind I buy. If you're an "afishionado", you know to beware of salt water fish whose origins are from places like Indonesia because they catch them by dynamiting the reefs (and the concussion from the blasts knock out the fishies to make them easier to capture besides killing off the reefs). Other places they'll use low doses of poison (like in the Philippines) to paralyze them. At least in Hawai'i, they capture the fish by using nets, which is more humane.

The tank raised saltwater fish are hardier than the wild ones, but keeping a saltwater fish tank is easier than keeping a live coral tank. I've had a saltwater fishtank for over 10 years now. I had an aholehole for a couple of years. His name was "Bubba". He grew to be about 6 inches long before he croaked.

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; August 10, 2006, 08:26 PM.
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              I've had a saltwater fishtank for over 10 years now. I had an aholehole for a couple of years. His name was "Bubba". He grew to be about 6 inches long before he croaked.

Miulang
                              Like in Ali Bubba? Nah, nah, Tita Miulang, I just joking.

Peace

Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X