Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viloria Loses Belt...

Viloria loses belt
    The Waipahu boxer fought 'a stupid fight' in the unanimous decision, his first defeat as a pro.
    By Jeff Wollard

"LAS VEGAS » Brian Viloria looked confident last night as he entered the ring wearing his WBC light flyweight title belt.

He appeared stunned 12 rounds later as he departed without it.

Mexico's Omar Nino endured Viloria's early attack, claiming the title by winning a unanimous decision in a fairly uneventful fight at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas."

"I don't want to make excuses," said the 108-pound ex-champ. "Everyone has bad nights and tonight was my bad night."

Then don't make excuses.heheheh

"Never ever think something is too easy and you're the Best. Somebody, somewhere is betta than you!" Conrado "Boy" Vasquez, Former Boxing Champion ~ deceased.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Viloria Loses Belt...

Well, he knows that we see him as a champion in Waipahu.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Yep, he definitely had an off night. Very lackluster performance. I mean, he only hit seven jabs in twelve rounds?!
      Best of luck to him next time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        Yep, he definitely had an off night. Very lackluster performance. I mean, he only hit seven jabs in twelve rounds?!
        Best of luck to him next time.
        In Boxing - dey call it "No moa Legs!" It is due to having you know what! hehehehe Las Vegas? Whooopy! Celebrating to soon? Who knows?

He played. He Lost. He come back no moa Belt.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I mean, he only hit seven jabs in twelve rounds?!
          According to the AP, he landed 113 out of 398 punches.

AP Story

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            According to the AP, he landed 113 out of 398 punches.
            That's irrelevant to the point I was making. Do you know the difference between a "jab" and a "punch"?

Comment

That's irrelevant to the point I was making.
              Yes, I do. I was contributing to the conversation with another stat and a link to a relevant article.

But you just can't help taking a shot when the opportunity presents itself. Somehow I'm not surprised.
              Last edited by Palolo Joe; August 11, 2006, 04:20 PM.

Comment

It sure looked like you were trying to take a "sucker punch" at Likanui...PJ to me

I mean you follow it up with a comment Quoting Likanui.

What was the point in Quoting Likanui if it was just another point.

And Likanui hit back at you with the "counterpunch" with the reply...

So technically... I see it as some one took a swing and someone came back

But I see this going on all over HT... I'm probably the biggest offender

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                  Yes, I do. I was contributing to the conversation with another stat and a link to a relevant article.
                  Okay. It didn't sound like it. My bad. Sorry.

Comment

Well, as someone who doesn't know the difference between a jab and a punch, I think both pieces of information were useful contributions. Reading about the jabs, it sounded like Viloria's clock was cleaned. With the added context of punches, it sounds more like a bad day, like most have said.

Obviously, I don't follow this sport at all. When I read the thread title, I expected there to be a punch line (er, no pun intended) instead: "Viloria Loses Belt... Pants Drop." Or, "Viloria Loses Belt... Finds it in Pantry."

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      What was the point in Quoting Likanui if it was just another point.
                      Exactly. That's what I thought.

But I see this going on all over HT.
                      Yes. When we have learned over a long period of time to expect certain attitudes from certain people, then it's very easy to understand why their posts can be misconstrued. Especially, as you noted, when they quote someone out of context.
                      Oh well. No harm, no foul.

Comment

why is it so easy to see others doing it when your on the outside...
                        but when your on the inside... it doesn't feel like your doing anything?

I once saw villoria running through Kapiolani Park.... He was intense looking...
                        But I never really realized how small he was until then...

Iif you reading this BV... no rip my head off! But according to the stats... you got worked!

I say you can never be a winner until you take a few losses!

Comment

Well, thank goodness for little miracles. At least the snark is now more commonly accompanied by a smiley. Usually they annoy me, but the way things can get around here, I'll take 'em.

So, is Viloria no longer a champ? Is he an ex-title holder? Or is he still in a position to have others gunning for him because of his past success?

Comment

I think my HT record is 1-50-20

(and yes... that 1 win came along the lines of centipede/scorpio fight)

(the 20 is just me and 1stwahine brawling to draws...and I no can hit a lady)

Comment

So, is Viloria no longer a champ? Is he an ex-title holder? Or is he still in a position to have others gunning for him because of his past success?
                              nope no more... I thinking he was looking past this guy to a money fight with Kaneda. (is that his name?)

Everyone will always gun for him because he was in the olympics...but no more title so not as sought after... and with the loss on his career...

it's not as fabulous as say..."UNDEFEATED"

Comment

Working...
                              X