Koa Pancake house??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koa Pancake house??

I hope I dont get in trouble, starting new thread but as I sat at Jack today to get kids food, now I need help-in the newly being renovated area close to Pearl Harbor exchange, I have zero brain data on what shopping center is called, renovated KFC on other side-Moanalua??? Yes-I think Ive got it! Anyhow, its looking 100% better than last year but I noticed a pancake house, maybe called Koa, I was like I said at Jack waiting on food-an no contacts in! Is this correct name and is it good? It looked awfully small! I was hoping to find an eatery to treat family for bfast here on this side Of Oahu, but it looked only big enough for fast food style? Anyone know details? I dont expect a Dennys style rest-not a huge fan, but this place looked really small! TIA!

Re: Koa Pancake house??

dallascat:

You're talking about Moanalua Center (formerly Moanalua Shopping Center). That Koa House opens on Tuesday morning, and it will be a welcome addition. Koa House is open in a few other places on the island and has an unreasonably rabid following, but it's not bad. It does look small, but before they tore down the old Moanalua Shopping Center, there was a breakfast place that was even smaller, and it thrived for decades there. It always gave me a soapy-tasting glass of water, but the food was good.

I digress.

Anyway, your post is kinda funny. Just wait until Tuesday and try the sucker out. Then tell us what you think.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thanks scriv, I will check it out but may wait a bit after its grand opening. The shopping center does look improved though doesnt it-but I do regret not going to AW/Long John Silvers before it went kaput! The Panda is going up really fast too, even though it replaced the pizza hut which was the cheapest/fastest place besides costco to feed my kids for lunch, we used to get the lunch buffet and they never charged me for kids (4&6), not that I was complaining though Mahalo for info

Comment

The Koa Pancake House on Kahuhipa St. in Kaneohe (near Windward Mall) originally was Eggs 'N Things. This was a long time ago, back in the 80's. I think Eggs 'N Things helped establish the clientele, because even when they changed over to KPH, the line to get in remained long.

Eggs 'N Things current Kalakaua Ave. location continues to draw long lines.. especially popular with Japanese tourists.

According to PBN, these are the businesses to open up in the newly renovated Moanalua Center:

• Starbucks
        • Jamba Juice
        • Ruby Tuesday
        • Koa Pancake House
        • Loco Moco
        • Subway
        • Yummy Korean BBQ
        • Verizon
        • Cingular
        • Vitamin World
        • Pearl Family Dental Care

Looks like they're still in need of an anchor retail tenant. Perhaps a Long's and/or Star Market? Or Safeway? I don't remember that property being that big. It says 90% is already leased, but two key locations remain open, so we'll see.

dallascat70, please keep us updated on KPH when you try it and any other tenants who open there.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

There was a Foodland there for ages, but as the center died down, so did Foodland's business. I don't think it's the place for a market -- the only residences in the area are closer to Sack 'N Save at the Stadium or Safeway at Salt Lake, unless you count the military housing across Kam Hwy, but everyone there shops at the commissary.

Subway, Ruby Tuesday, and Baskin-Robins (missing from your list) have not yet opened.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Keep us posted if they are good pancakes.

Comment

Working...
            X