Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Waikiki Photos

Aloha -

I'm looking at doing a project in which I would assemble pictures of Waikiki in sequence so you could almost 'walk' down Kalakaua or Kuhio as it was at a certain time, or times.

I'd like to get pictures of those 2 streets and the buildings, etc on them, anytime from the 1920s to the present era. If anyone could email pictures they have, and would be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

I want to keep it to Waikiki proper, ie from the old KauKau Corner site up to the Natatorium or so.

mahalo

jon
    jon@PananaDesign.com

Re: Old Waikiki Photos

I forgot to add - I want to put this together on a website. It's not a for profit project. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Comment

Fabulous old photos on Ian Lind's site at http://www.ilind.net .

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Thanks very much LikaNui. Fantastic pictures - I will ask before using/taking.

all the best

Comment

Originally posted by panana
          Thanks very much LikaNui. Fantastic pictures - I will ask before using/taking.
          Gee that was fast. You saw all his photos within 9 minutes of my posting the link.
          Anyway, please be absolutely sure that you get his permission before using anything from that site. Seriously. Be very very sure.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I certainly understand. I will make certain to ask permission. The pictures were so good, I had to see them all. I'm now going through the Kaaawa dogs section. Great stuff.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X