Snakes on a Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakes on a Plane

The most hyped "coming soon" movie on the Internet last year is now the most hyped movie now in theaters! "Snakes on a Plane," where the title says it all, where the whole idea has been, "It's so bad, it's good!" Parts of the film were famously re-shot as the result of fandom on the web -- fandom that, again, developed largely on what everyone imagined the movie would be like. Will it be the first perfectly engineered "cult movie"?

Well, even if you're sick of hearing about it, you should know that "Snakes on a Plane" has a Hawaii link. The plane in the movie, on which an assassin unleases a crate of snakes, takes off in Hawaii. (Even though we've few snakes to put on planes.) And the soundtrack features a few songs by Hawaiian artists.

We already used our movie credit for the summer, so we probably won't see this one anytime soon. If you manage to take in the wonder that is "Snakes on a Plane," do tell!

Re: Snakes on a Plane

Me and the girls plan to sneak in a couple of flasks to the movie and watch it totally hammered. I hear it's better that way.

If I remember anything from my viewing, I shall post.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I want to see it tomorrow after I'm pau work. It looks like an interesting movie
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Anybody remember the movie Sssssssssssss?

Das was one good movie!

I still don't know whether the mangoose or the snakeman wen win at the end!

Who you tink won?

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
          Me and the girls plan to sneak in a couple of flasks to the movie and watch it totally hammered. I hear it's better that way.
          Sounds logical to me! Have fun.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Anybody remember the movie Sssssssssssss?

Das was one good movie!

I still don't know whether the mangoose or the snakeman wen win at the end!

Who you tink won?

Auntie Lynn
            I remember that! Real B-movie fare. The young woman's father (the Mad Scientist) doesn't like her boyfriend, so he turns the guy into a snake, right?

I always thought that was the worse name ever for a movie.

Comment

Won't see it in the theaters....

Too much talked about it online...

Stupid premise... If I get a copy of it ... I may watch it when bored...

Sad they leave from Hawaii to go to wherever.

From the previews I have seen...looks more like a wannabe "Rocky Horror Picture Show" kind of movie....more of a cult classic.... I dunno...

Comment

I myself do NOT plan to see it. Snakes on a Plane?! Give me a break. Flight 93. That was a film. I cried the entire way through. Pure, raw, gut-wrenching emotion. I never knew A&E could produce a major motion picture of this magnitude. Believe you me. Get the DVD. Pump that bad boy through your home theatre system. Documentary Action Thriller. Much more grown up than “Snakes on a Plane,” but don’t see it until you’re ready. It’s hard to stomach.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  I remember that! Real B-movie fare. The young woman's father (the Mad Scientist) doesn't like her boyfriend, so he turns the guy into a snake, right?

Yeah, yeah! Das the Movie!!!!!

The Mad Scientist turns the boyfriend into a Cobra!

Goooood Movie!

I Ssssssssssick!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Here's an exuberant review.

I really like this line: "It has the best snake/toilet scene I have ever witnessed...."

Caution: naughty language included.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

From the review Linkmeister just *ehem* linked:

"the ending is more than a touch anti-climactic, going a bit too far down the comedy flightpath, and lacking the really big scene you wanted with Jackson going mano e snako with a seriously huge bastard snake."

I hate it when that happens! Especially with films of this genre. How disappointing. That's it, I've already put this (expletive) movie on my WAIT UNTIL DVD RELEASE list.

TuNnL, thanks for the tip on Flight 93. I'll be sure to check that out. In fact, my girlfriend rented another documentary film based on the same event, thinking it was that movie. She was disappointed because it lacked the drama and hollywood effects, but it ended up being interesting anyway. I can't remember the title off hand. It was a originally a TV documentary made for DVD.

Re: Sssssssssssss...
                      Originally posted by Madazza
                      Funny! What will we see next? Perhaps a Batman and Robin blockbuster titled HOLY JEEPERS!, KERBLAMMM! or POWWWW!. Or a Scary Movie sequel simply titled EEEEEK!.

If Snakes on a Plane does well, I'm predicting they'll do a sequel titled Snakes on a Ship. Once again, this luxury cruiseliner will depart from "Ha-Y-ah".
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I found that review linked here; Brad has suggestions of his own for sequel titles, and there are more in the comments. I'm kinda partial to Beetles on a Bus, myself.
                        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                          Brad has suggestions of his own for sequel titles, and there are more in the comments. I'm kinda partial to Beetles on a Bus, myself.
                          Would that movie possibly be a corporate advertising partnership with Volkswagen?

I can picture it now...

A Dodge Viper commercial depicting said vehicle (x2) being violently ejected out the back of an AF C-17 Globemaster cargo jet. The pair of Dodge Vipers land safely via parachute, then immediately speeds off into the desert dust with the closing caption: "Snakes on a Plane: Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You." Hisssssssing snake & deep V-10 growl sound byte fades out audio.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I missed this movie when it was playing at the theaters but the DVD was selling for $15 at Wal-Mart when it was released earlier this week so I picked up a copy.

Just finished watching it. One of the good parts of the movie was them filming the eastern side of Diamond Head at the start of the opening credits.

It sort of like watching an Airplane movie trying to be serious but it is not doing a good job of it.

Another phrase to describe this movie: a horrible horror movie.

Another good part of the movie was that the FBI in LA had contacted a snake expert, at least the snake expert said "There are no snakes in Hawaii".

Comment

Snakes On A Plane has some good and obvious baaaaaad........
                              Very Baaaaaad........
                              Yes was nice to see the opening of Hawaii and then you hear the cool music track getting you in the mood and then.......

The scene where the kid is one the bike and SAY WHHHHAT? What part of HAWAII are we in cuz I kno there is NOOOOOOOOO TRAINS in operation that looks like that and seeing the FAKE FBI building in HAWAII was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

Other than that......... I JUST A MOVIE FOLKS!
                              Embrace the cheesy silliness it has to offer and its best when viewing with 5+ More ppl.......

And yeah lotsa a GORE , LANGUAGE and TA TA's and what havenots hence the "RRRRRRRRRRRRRR" rating it is..........
                              Last edited by helen; January 7, 2007, 03:26 PM. Reason: Taking out the quote so that spoiler will work

Comment

Working...
                              X