UH vs. Alabama 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH vs. Alabama 2006

It just hit me that the last time we played Alabama we won against this "powerhouse"

Going into Tuscaloosa will be a tough opening game....

but dang...we beat them the last time we played them... so you know they are going to be out for that revenge factor...etc..

Wouldn't this be a great win if UH did win?

Re: UH vs. Alabama 2006

It would be a great win...it would have to go down as one of their biggest.

I don't think this is going to be a pay-back game for 'Bama..it's been too long since they came over and played UH during that period of time when they made two trips over and split the series. I doubt that many members of the UA squad remember much about the..what was it 21-16 loss?..to UH. Some of the seniors, yes, but the loss was a well-played game by both teams and their wasn't a lot of trash-talking in it. Maybe if UH spanked them 56-10 and ended the game with a brawl, like the Cincinnati game a few years ago (I think in '02), there might be some animosity, but personally, I don't see this game as being much as a revenge game for 'Bama. They're saving their energies for games in the SEC, but mainly for the Auburn game.

If I recall, 'Bama was on probation during their two visits to Honolulu, and for all intents and purposes, the games were their de facto "bowl" games for those probationary seasons...they didn't have the usual Alabama talent they normally have...it's was sort of a diluted 'Bama squad those years.

Looking ahead, way past this season, I think the trip UH has planned to "The Swamp" of Florida is going to be their ultimate test on the road...that's truly monumental if ANY visiting team can pull off a victory in Gainesville.

Comment

Re: UH vs. Alabama 2006

I AM SO HAPPY THAT ITS FINALLY FOOTBALL SEASON....WOOO HOOOOO !!!

Gettin out on the field everyday is what keeps me young. But dang, my legs are gettin slower (or the kids are gettin faster). And it seems to hurt more the next morning....every year a little more pain the next day.

Football is the best vehicle for molding youngsters into fine adults.

Go Raiders !!
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
      X