Mazie using a dead person to endorse herself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazie using a dead person to endorse herself

If this were a republican candidate, the PC Police would be all over him/her for using a deceased public figure as an endorsement for her political aspirations.

Its fine that Patsy Mink's daughter supports Mazie but that isn't what the ad was about. The focus was on Patsy's vision and Mazie aligning herself with that vision.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Mazie using a dead person to endorse herself

I thought it was provacative, because the Mink camps backed up Matt Matsunaga against Case back in '04. What happened to that support?

pax

Comment

Re: Mazie using a dead person to endorse herself

Wow. Deja vu.

Matt Matsunaga ruffled plenty of feathers when he started banking on his late father's name in a campaign, after saying he wouldn't. And it didn't work. Now Mazie Hirono is calling on the late congresswoman's daughter to invoke Patsy's name in her campaign? Talk about a short memory.

And yes, Patsy Mink's former chief of staff backed Matsunaga against Case back then. But I got the feeling that Case still inherited much of Mink's administrative team. And since Matsunaga and Hirono once ran together, it's not surprising that their respective support bases might shift a bit.
      If this were a republican candidate, the PC Police would be all over him/her for using a deceased public figure as an endorsement for her political aspirations.
      Party shmarty, neither party has a lock on common decency. As I said, Matsunaga, a dem, did the same thing, and most definitely got called on it. Any politician gets dinged for capitalizing on a dead person's legacy. It wasn't the PC police, either, it was people who basically felt it was in bad taste (and, in Matsunaga's case, a violation of a campaign promise).

Comment

Wendy Mink endorses Mazie Hirono

Here's the audio file:

http://mazieforcongress.com/media/AV_1.mp3

Comment

Working...
        X