Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

This season's twist is they will 4 tribes separated by RACE. Here's a link to the cast. There is actually more than one asian on this season. Looks like people who don't even watch the show will complain about tribes by race.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Survivor 13 :Cook Islands

When all else fails (dividing sexes) Divide by race???

I watch it so it will be interesting. I don't agree with the concept though. I think we have enough issues without doing this but we'll see!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Just saw it and I like the format. No spoilers in respect for those in more westerly time zones. Interesting dynamics but you could already figure that was going to happen ahead of time. Worth watching.

Talk more about it tomorrow..........
      Last edited by nachodaddy; September 14, 2006, 06:29 PM.
      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

It was very interesting to see how each tribe responded to the race division. (Especially the self proclaimed hippy asian~his words not mine)
        I think I will have to be addicted now!

Comment

Yeah, I agree, it was interesting. Loved the setting! (Which is half the reason I watch the silly things...)

I was wondering if they knew anything about trade winds and windward/leeward when they chose their shelters

Comment

I think the premise is disgusting. It smacks of treating the competition like a contest between animal breeds. How astoundingly distasteful.

Not watching, based on general principle.

Comment

anyone know if they gonna rebroadcast it?

I fricking can't believe I had my DVR set to record it... however, I had two other recordings set at the same time and it took the initial two and I wasn't home to catch the error in time

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                This season's twist is they will 4 tribes separated by RACE. Here's a link to the cast. There is actually more than one asian on this season. Looks like people who don't even watch the show will complain about tribes by race.
                Maybe they don't watch it BECAUSE of the idiotic concept?

Then again, maybe there are those who will watch it for just that reason.

Sad.

Comment

Well, lessee... last time they separated people out by age and sex. Old women, young women, old men, young men. Can't see as how that's a whole lot better. And within 2-3 episodes the original teams will go away anyway.

The point of it is get people to pay attention, which it sounds like is working.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear how much the people on the show basically blew off the racial stuff and said "we're all just people out here".

I realized something while watching earlier Survivors with my wife (she got me into it) that I hadn't realized before that, too: it's not really "reality TV". I mean it has an aspect of that to it, but it's more like extreme sports. Really extreme. There's a survival aspect, there's a political/social aspect, there's studyable game strategy, and all that... and then the game goes on for over a month. Considering I'm really not a sports guy, I was surprised to find one I actually enjoy watching somewhat.

Comment

It's interesting that not one person on the game was upset or seemed offended by it. I thought there would be someone or actually many of them that would be angry about it but instead they all said "OK! Let's "represent".

Comment

Man, that Haole girl who let the chickens go was sure lucky her tribe got immunity.

Flickr

Comment

I had my reservations about this season's premise, but I tuned in. It's the only show I really watch, so I wanted to give it a chance. When the familiar music came on the girls went wild and we all watched together.
                        The reaction of the cast to being split racially was interesting. It even more defined to me that yeah, you're that race and I'm this race, so I'm in this group. No one expects that because there are those who are in the same group they'd get along.
                        The Asian group was the most diverse, and they even talked about that. I thought the haole group was the most boring. I guess you have to throw a bunch of tattoos and dreadlocks in to make them somewhat interesting. We saw them for like what? Five minutes? Complaining about being cold and already two of them pairing off and the gang doing the cuddle bubble. Maybe their chickens will meet up with the feral birds and they'll start a business.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                          Maybe they don't watch it BECAUSE of the idiotic concept?

Then again, maybe there are those who will watch it for just that reason.

Sad.
                          I'm watching it because:

I want to the see the white tribe burn a cross.
                          I want to see the latino tribe get used for cheap labor.
                          I want to see the african american tribe conduct a drive by.
                          I want to see the asian tribe back their car into a pole.

C'mon it would not be not be technically correct if none of the above occurs, right??????

For those who cannot recognize bitter sarcasm, please see above.

First of all this is a tightrope that CBS is walking on and I applaud them for giving it a shot. They have already explored segregation by age and by sex and pulled it off. I expect this exercise will open some minds as well as weld some shut. The show has already shown some interesting dynamics that will only get better as the season matures.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                            The reaction of the cast to being split racially was interesting. It even more defined to me that yeah, you're that race and I'm this race, so I'm in this group. No one expects that because there are those who are in the same group they'd get along.
                            EXACTLY!!!!! I must be doing something right as a parent cuz this is almost to the tee what my ten year old said. "Just because they are all the same race does not mean that they are all going to get along"

Comment

Did you notice the sex make up of the tribes too? The Asian and Latinos who came in first and second in the challenge has 3 male ,2 female .while the other two tribes had 3 female, 2 male. I wonder if they made the tribes like this so the sexes align with each other too.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X