"In the Steps of Bin Laden"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "In the Steps of Bin Laden"

I only saw the tail end of this 2-hour CNN special last night, but it's being replayed this coming Sat. and Sun. and I'll remember to watch the whole thing this time.

Christiane Amanpour is the host and it's a fascinating look into the life of Osama bin Laden, why he came into power and why he, and not Saddam Hussein, is responsible for most of the violence that's happening in the Middle East today.

I think the timing of its release is impeccable too, with 9/11 right around the corner...

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: "In the Steps of Bin Laden"

I'm halfway through The Looming Tower, which explains how al-Qaeda came to be. Basically the ideas came from inside an Egyptian jail.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Re: "In the Steps of Bin Laden"

Originally posted by Linkmeister
      I'm halfway through The Looming Tower, which explains how al-Qaeda came to be. Basically the ideas came from inside an Egyptian jail.
      Which is rather ironic, because where terrorist groups seem to find the most fertile recruiting grounds are in the prisons and jails.

Link: did they say for which crimes the creators of al Qaeda were imprisoned?

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X