Looking for tropical style sofa bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tropical style sofa bed

Would love suggestions for stores on Oahu that carry new sofa beds with rattan arms and, hopefully, can be upholstered in something resembling bark cloth. Today I checked Home World and CS Wo on Beretania and Pacific Home on Ward Ave. Hawaii Home Interiors on Nimitz was closed so I'll check them tomorrow. Just wondering if any HTers have favorite places to buy tropical style furniture. TIA!

Re: Looking for tropical style sofa bed

I'm not sure what your budget is...

I saw this one on Ebay... is that the style your looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rattan-Futon-Sof...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Home Sweet Home on Piikoi St.

Comment

Cran...

I went to that the store one on Piikoi one time on a whim looking for a Rattan Headboard for my bed.

I left the place because I felt the guy was pressuring me into buying something.
        I continued to look around for something else... couldn't find anything and ended up having to go back there.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          I'm not sure what your budget is...

I saw this one on Ebay... is that the style your looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rattan-Futon-Sof...QQcmdZViewItem
          Not really as I'm looking for a sofa bed, not a futon. I have a futon sofa now. Thanks for the link, tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
            Home Sweet Home on Piikoi St.
            Thanks, Cran. I'll check it out. If I get pressured I'll just tell 'em I don't speak English!

Comment

If anyone knows where to buy a punee or what we used to call a hiki`e (I think thats how it is spelled), I would love to know. I've been looking for a while - just to replace the horrible loveseat I have. I have dreams about the one I used to have many years ago & would love to find another - even used would be ok. I don't need fancy, just comfort.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                Thanks, Cran. I'll check it out. If I get pressured I'll just tell 'em I don't speak English!

Oh yeah, they'll believe the strawberry blonde doesn't speak English. Vodka anyone?
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                  Oh yeah, they'll believe the strawberry blonde doesn't speak English. Vodka anyone?
                  hello...just cause someone is white...doesn't mean they speak english?

However, I do know local friends that are Japanese that will pull the "No speak english" comment to sales people... cuz they can

I met tutusue at HT picnic and I think she could pull off a good foreign sounding thing... (without laughing out loud until she got into the car)
                  Last edited by damontucker; August 27, 2006, 06:48 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

I've been called a lotta things in my life. Strawberry blonde isn't one of 'em!

Oh wait...my highlights grew out since I last saw you!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      hello...just cause someone is white...doesn't mean they speak english?

However, I do know local friends that are Japanese that will pull the "No speak english" comment to sales people... cuz they can

I met tutusue at HT picnic and I think she could pull off a good foreign sounding thing... (without laughing out loud until she got into the car)

Umm. It was a joke. I've met her, too.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Umm. It was a joke. I've met her, too.
                        Not to worry, lavagal...I can't pull off a foreign accent to save my life. I sure admire those who can, tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          Not to worry, lavagal...I can't pull off a foreign accent to save my life. I sure admire those who can, tho'.
                          All you need to do to really fool em... is bring in a small catalog card that says... "I don't speak english"
                          once he starts making his sell...turn to him...reach into the purse...pull out the card and show it to him.... nuff said....

then laugh your way home!
                          Last edited by damontucker; August 27, 2006, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Da, spasiba.

Spoken as a true strawberry blonde, with Russian/Polish/Austrian/German/Irish roots.

With the requisite Vodka tolerance...slainte!...
                            Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; August 28, 2006, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Nurse! Get me a galumpki!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X