Phone cord replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone cord replacement

A friend sent me a funky, somewhat old (altho' it's touch tone, not rotary) Bugs Bunny phone. It works but the coiled cord is all stretched out and makes the entire phone look shabby. I want to replace the cord (which is hard wired into the base) and give it to my grandsons. Anyone know where I can take the phone for this type of service? TIA!

Re: Phone cord replacement

I saw something like that at the PriceBusters out here in Hawaii Kai...of course it would mean you'd have to dual-task it with a visit to Stafford!
    @
    The thing about PriceBusters is that you can't always count on inventory from day to day, week to week, location to location. I doubt you need to get it serviced...just some know how!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
      [...]I doubt you need to get it serviced...just some know how!
      It's the know-how I'm lacking. I'm not called the Untechie Tutu for nuttin', ya know! Hmmm...I wonder if Stafford can rewire the phone!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        It's the know-how I'm lacking. I'm not called the Untechie Tutu for nuttin', ya know! Hmmm...I wonder if Stafford can rewire the phone!

Not touching that one. Not touching the one about the male hairdresser. Nope. Don't need another more politically correct HTer jumping all over my ass for every post I make. Nope, don't need it.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          Not touching that one. Not touching the one about the male hairdresser. Nope. Don't need another more politically correct HTer jumping all over my ass for every post I make. Nope, don't need it.
          Oh man...did I miss sumthin'?

Comment

it shouldnt be too hard, its either 2 or 4 wires. know anyone with a soldering iron? you can pick up the handset cord from radio shack.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

See the Chamberlain derail in the "King and I" thread. Though of course lavagal still managed to make oblique reference her joke... though I think she shoulda thrown "crossed wires" in there somewhere!

Anyway, like Hellbent said, replacing that cord is relatively straightforward to the electrically inclined. Heck, even a modern-day geek who has made his own CAT5 network cable could probably do it. But if you know anyone comfortable with a sautering iron, you're set. It's just that I personally don't posses the skills or patience needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                See the Chamberlain derail in the "King and I" thread. Though of course lavagal still managed to make oblique reference her joke... though I think she shoulda thrown "crossed wires" in there somewhere!

Anyway, like Hellbent said, replacing that cord is relatively straightforward to the electrically inclined. Heck, even a modern-day geek who has made his own CAT5 network cable could probably do it. But if you know anyone comfortable with a sautering iron, you're set. It's just that I personally don't posses the skills or patience needed.
                All anyone needs to do is look at my avatar to know that I'm not the least bit electrically, electronically or technologically inclined! I don't even like plugging a lamp into a wall socket! There used to be a store in town that catered to all things phone related. I miss it! Nope, don't know anyone with a soldering iron...but I have a staple gun!

And, lavagal, I just realized the racial reference you referred to above is in another thread. Someone else turning your reply into a racial punch was uncalled for.
                Last edited by tutusue; August 28, 2006, 08:32 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Nope, don't know anyone with a soldering iron...but I have a staple gun!
                  I don't know if the Radio Shack located in the building next to China House restaurant is still there (mauka-ewa mall level parking area of Ala Moana Center), but the owner was a really nice guy who, if you asked him nicely, would do these kinds of things for free, and as his time allowed. It wouldn't hurt trying this approach at any of the Radio Shacks, tutu, as I can't imagine any of them refusing to help someone with an avatar such as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                    I don't know if the Radio Shack located in the building next to China House restaurant is still there (mauka-ewa mall level parking area of Ala Moana Center), but the owner was a really nice guy who, if you asked him nicely, would do these kinds of things for free, and as his time allowed. It wouldn't hurt trying this approach at any of the Radio Shacks, tutu, as I can't imagine any of them refusing to help someone with an avatar such as yours.
                    That RS is gone and I had such a negative experience at the RS in Kahala Mall that I choose not to patronize any of 'em! But, you're right...with that avatar how could anyone refuse this sweet, little tutu?!

Comment

wow, that RS closed a long time ago. i used to work at RS, and if time permitted i would have helped you. however its not about tech knowledge at RS anymore, its more about selling crap. half the guys who work there now dont know how to do that stuff (i'd guess), if you go there, ask an older guy. they barely sell parts anymore.
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Nope, don't know anyone with a soldering iron...
                        You do now

If you can get the phone to me - either meet me somewheres in Kaneohe /Kahaluu, or up at HCC when I have classes, I can take a look...no guarantees, but provided I can find a replacment cord it shouldnt be that hard. Just need to see the phone to determine if the base can be opened without causing damage.

I will PM some contact info to ya, let me know if you want me take a look.....
                        Only catch is I am going to Reno for a week from the 18th to about 24. SO if you dont get to me soon, it will have to be after that...

Alohas
                        It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                        X