Ala Moana Hotel info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ala Moana Hotel info

Has anyone stayed there recently? If so, is it still pretty decent? IOW, would you allow your daughter to stay there without worry? TIA for any info.

Re: Ala Moana Hotel info

Originally posted by tutusue
    Has anyone stayed there recently? If so, is it still pretty decent? IOW, would you allow your daughter to stay there without worry? TIA for any info.
    How old is your daughter? Do you mean "my high school daugher stay there while I go out and do business for awhile", or "my adult daughter stay there for the weekend"?

If young, I'd judge by if she is old enough to, say... hang out at Ala Moana shopping center by herself, then she'll be OK at the hotel for awhile.

The rooms have been redone and are pretty nice. But, I've heard that the prices for the hotel have gone up quite a bit in the last couple of months, and they've discontinued the A.M Hotel "card" (frequent visitors).

Comment

The hotel itself is safe...

However, in the evening time...the area around there is kind of "Seedy"
      The strip clubs and bars tend to attract people that I wouldn't want my daughter mingling amongst at night!

I live about a half mile from there.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        the area around there is kind of "Seedy" ... I live about a half mile from there.
        Dare we put these two thoughts together, Manoa? j/k

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          However, in the evening time...the area around there is kind of "Seedy" The strip clubs and bars tend to attract people that I wouldn't want my daughter mingling amongst at night!.
          That's the truth! It comes back to "how old" is your daughter, and how much supervision will she have, and do you mean that she'll be hanging out at the hotel or she will be free to wander around?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            Dare we put these two thoughts together, Manoa? j/k
            Hey cheap rent and the Ala Wai Field for a back yard makes my location great... however, it is still an area that crime happens...however, not as common as it is over there near all the massage parlors and stuff.

We have more homeless people in my direct neighbor... the area around the convention center seems to draw out more of the criminals...(It seems like every few "DOG" episodes they are trying to track someone down in that vacinity.)

Comment

Well, I shoulda been a bit more specific! My daughter is older than I am! She's almost 40 and I just turned 39. Amazing how that happens!!! She'll be flying in and hanging out with me over Labor Day week-end and won't be frequenting all the seedy clubs...unless I do! Could be a plan. Who knows!

I'm having a hard time finding her a ressie 'cuz of the holiday week-end but I'll give AMH a call. Thanks for the info.

Comment

She's almost 40
                Heck, in that case, it will be fine. But, the prices might be too high now for what you get. We used to pay under about $100 per nite.

Comment

Well, I shoulda been a bit more specific! My daughter is older than I am! She's almost 40 and I just turned 39.
                  And also, isn't she the daughter that's very successful and still single? Guard her well, tutu.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                    Guard her well, tutu.
                    Can you get a mask made of your avatar, Sue? She could wear it, then. (And you could pay for it with your new Social Security check.)

Comment

I've been there recently. The rooms are immaculate. The services are great. I've also been to Rumors on Saturday Nights when they feature back to 70-80's music. It's my kind of crowd. I didn't see any seedy people. Infact, the people I saw were well behaved and mighty good looking. It's like going back in time and seeing everyone dancing to the sounds of yesteryear and to the beats of today. Wearing a mix of today's fashions and fashions of the past.

Security is excellent.

Nuff Said.

Auntie Hot Mama Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        It's my kind of crowd. I didn't see any seedy people.
                        Hey, hot mama...I've heard it said that, in any particular crowd, there is always at least one @$$hole; if you don't see one, then it's YOU. Maybe, if you didn't SEE any seedy people...

(Joke, NT, JOKE! Save your whack-whacks!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          Hey, hot mama...I've heard it said that, in any particular crowd, there is always at least one @$$hole; if you don't see one, then it's YOU. Maybe, if you didn't SEE any seedy people...

(Joke, NT, JOKE! Save your whack-whacks!!)
                          hahahaha. You are right Leo Lakio. I almost wen Bust up one Idiot for trying to pick me up! The bugga was one 22 year-old Navy guy. I thought he was joking at first. He wasn't. I remained calmed until I couldn't any longer...then gave him a Whack Whack in his ribs. He got the message and left while my girlfriends couldn't stop laughing. Afta dat, nobody asked me to Dance foa the rest of the night. I wonda why?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

As long as she doesn't go wandering off by herself at night, she should be fine. I used to frequent Rumors on Friday night (had a cousin who loved the Friday crowd) and there isn't a shortage of security there, believe me.

I'd rather stay at the Ala Moana than in some of the Ohana hotels, that's for sure.

I don't think it's fair to call that neighborhood "seedy".
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                              I don't think it's fair to call that neighborhood "seedy".
                              You are so right! Thirty years ago, I met my late husband @ Hawaiian Hut on a Friday Night. We got married that Monday and were married twenty years. The years have gone by. Times have changed but Ala Moana Hotel still remains the same. Safe and Secured.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X