Secret to Longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret to Longevity

A 116 old year woman from Ecuador who recently passed away was believed to be the world's oldest person to date.

What I find most interesting about centenarians are their answers to that imperative question, "What is your secret to longevity?" The woman mentioned above said she always ate three meals a day and never smoked or drank hard liquor.

I remember one Chinese man who had a similar lifespan, and his answer was "Eat plenty of pork and stay single". lol! Another asian woman said she drank lots of rice wine and had a "romantic" life with a wonderful husband.

It's amazing how some people who practiced a life long commitment of good diet, exercise and intellectual stimulation ends up with a fatal health complication and early death. While others longevity has belied their carefree "live for today, not tomorrow" lifestyles.

I wish someone had asked Yoda what his secret was to live until 900. "Believe in The Force and drink Jedi Juice 3 times daily, you must."
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Secret to Longevity

I would think stress is the killer despite your diet. These people (even Yoda) seemed content with life. Stress changes your body's pharmacological balance and when the body's not allowing for proper glandular function, it begins to get sick and ultimately fails.

So I think the secret to longevity is...Don't Worry...Be Happy
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Secret to longevity? A L O H A!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I like exercise 5 days a week and drinking lots and lots of water.

Unfortunately, I have no grandparents who made it to 70. So likely I'm doomed. Carpe Diem!
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          The creed behind the phrase, perhaps. Just please don't play the song version of it by Bobby McFerrin. Ack!

Originally posted by Pomai
          A 116 old year woman from Ecuador
          Correction: A 116-year-old woman
          Last edited by Pomai; August 29, 2006, 08:44 AM.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            I like exercise 5 days a week and drinking lots and lots of water.

Unfortunately, I have no grandparents who made it to 70. So likely I'm doomed. Carpe Diem!

Three of my grandparents made it past 80, one passed away at 61. My dad made it to 87, my mom is still going on to 85.

But, I'm also likely doomed, as I'm afflicted with the same malady (diabetes) as my grandmother who passed on at 61.

Comment

My grandmother on my dad's side died around 97, my dad is still kicking like an ox at 89. His older brother passed away in his mid 90's.

At 46 I'm the absolute couch potato, overweight and all. But when I did the heart scan at that Holistica place at the Hilton Hawaiian earlier this year, they found absolutely nothing wrong with me. I'm just a lazy person they tell me.

I eat at McDonalds all the time and absolutely no trace of heart disease or elevated cholesterol or kidney problems. I do sweat a lot so I think I sweat out all those nasty toxins in my body that I consume.

So I think I'll probably live to the mid 90's too as my dad, uncle and grandmother never really ate healthy either. By the way my grandmother smoked Camel unfiltered smokes her entire life and she simply died of old age, no cancer at all. Amazing
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"Believe in The Force and drink Jedi Juice 3 times daily, you must."
                OK.....Is it just me or does "Jedi Juice" sound wrong?
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                  Master Yoda for Jedi Juice:
                  Either drink, or drink not...there is no "wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                    I actually thought "Jedi Juice" was quite catchy, and surprised Lucas hasn't already capitalized on it with yet another "Energy Drink". Wouldn't the appropriate color of such a drink be green?
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I actually thought "Jedi Juice" was quite catchy, and surprised Lucas hasn't already capitalized on it with yet another "Energy Drink". Wouldn't the appropriate color of such a drink be green?
                      Jedi Juice. Made from 100% organically grown Jedis!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Jedi Juice. Made from 100% organically grown Jedis!
                        Just the thing to wash down those Sith McNuggets.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          I would think stress is the killer despite your diet. These people (even Yoda) seemed content with life. Stress changes your body's pharmacological balance and when the body's not allowing for proper glandular function, it begins to get sick and ultimately fails.

Beyond one's genes, I suspect you will be proven to be absolutely correct in coming years.
                          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                          X