X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharilyn
    replied
    Re: UH Survey on HawaiiThreads

Thanks, Ryan. I just completed the survey.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Title, please?
    My subject line read:

Online Survey Research Team sent you an Amazon.com Gift Card!

and it was from:

Gift Cards Redeemable at Amazon.com

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Title, please?

Leave a comment:

• hawaiiguy
    replied

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
    I filled it out the first night...I too haven't received my $25 amazon gift certificate...
    wow..just checked my 'spam' account..it was in there! thank goodness I didn't just delete it!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

I didn't get an email. I emailed to find out why, but still no email. What's up? Matapule, you get?
    Yes, I got the survey as soon as I notified "kokua." Received the $25 certificate in less than 24 hours! Malo 'aupito.

I think it is interesting that this survey has brought out many long time HT members that I see posting for the first time that I have been here. Maybe we need more surveys on HT with a monetary incentive!

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

I finally caved. I've been saving up (via my change jar) for an expensive DVD set, but times are rough. I keep having to make trips to Coinstar.

But really, I'd have done it anyway. The Amazon credit is what motivated me to get it done rather than keep letting it slide to the bottom of my to-do list until it was too late. This is a recurring pattern in my life.

I was most amused by the questions about laws and government, a theme I've written about on HT quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Got it, completed survey, thanks. Yes, I sent an email to the listed address - don't know why it didn't arrive.

Leave a comment:

• hawaiiguy
    replied

I filled it out the first night...I too haven't received my $25 amazon gift certificate...

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied

I didn't get an email. I emailed to find out why, but still no email. What's up?
    I didn't get your email about not getting an email. Did you send it to kokua@hawaiithreads.com? I'll see if I can manually fire one off. They're very eager to get more responses... and I suspect the $5 bonus may still be available.

Craig, if you won't do it for Amazon money, won't you do it for science?

And Albert? Wow. Great to hear from you again.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

I got it but haven't answered to it. I don't do Amazon...I should though since Borders shut down here in Hilo the other day...

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

I didn't get an email. I emailed to find out why, but still no email. What's up? Matapule, you get?

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

I enjoyed completing the survey and the Amazon gift certificate. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NoCal Boy
    replied

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    That was fun! I like how they asked how emotional you were and then later, how UNemotional you were. They did that on several of the personality traits. Wonder if they were trying to see if we were paying attention.
    I was a Psych major in school and learned that this is a common way of structuring personality typing questionnaires. It was a long time ago so I can't remember the "whys" behind it, but the "hows" are they basically bombard you with repetitive questions, many of which are very similar if not the same, but maybe phrased a little differently. They add it all up and then statistically they're able to capture your personality traits. When studying it I had always wondered if that really worked.

Soon after graduation I had an interview with a certain three-lettered Federal agency, but before I got to that point I went through an all-day testing session, part of which was a very detailed personality questionnaire. Think this survey, literally times twenty. So I knew exactly what they were doing, but didn't let it affect my answers.

Cut to many months later, in the actual interview. (Remember I said this was a Federal job, right?) At one point, one of the interviewers opens my file, and says something like "How does this sound?" Then proceeded to list a dozen or so personality traits as described by my testing. It blew my mind. I felt like somebody had cracked open my skull and was staring into my brain. I could not believe how accurate those tests were in describing so many facets of my personality, how I think, etc.

Obviously, this study isn't as thorough, but I'm sure it'll provide some good data as to the HT community. Interested in seeing the results too.

Add my thanks to Ryan for offering us up to the study. I was surprised to see get the email with the Amazon code already!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Amazon is my go-to web site for almost all of my online shopping. It's the first place I check for price and product reviews. Because of it's free shipping w/over $25 purchase policy, it tends to be the most cost effective...not always but enough that I check it first. I also use it for price comparison when I know I'll buy locally.

An example...a decade or so ago I needed a new TV and TV stand for my office. Amazon had a great deal on a lesser known brand, 27" TV ($110) and another great deal on a stylish 3 tier stand ($40). Both were shipped free. Can't remember what company was used for shipping but, regardless, the delivery person schlepped both boxes up the stairs to my 2nd floor office. Free shipping, free delivery. That, alone, was worth not buying locally, which is usually my preference.

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

Got my coupon, too. I buy a lot from Amazon. Depending on what you buy, if you buy $25 or more, shipping is free. I never had any problem with Amazon; it's the postal service that causes me grief.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X