Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dissing HawaiiThreads?

Originally posted by matapule View Post

Ya know we all owe Bob Jones a big debt of gratitude and I want to be the first to thank him.
    Bob Jones made me really think deep about people's inhumanity towards other people from his article. Al Gore didn't create the internet for the purpose of anonymous attacks. Maybe Bob Jones was right, my posts have been so low that I hit the curb many times. I'm going to take his advice and try to be sophisticated. Nayyyy!

Comment

Bob Jones was actually quite a respected reporter during Vietnam War - I believe he went national. Plus, seeing him crouched down in a foxhole while rockets & bullets were going off over his head - he was really HOT. As far as I know he is still married to Denby Fawcett, who was also a very respected Vietnam reporter and is currently an on-air reporter for Ch. 4. We may make fun of him here but at one time, he was an excellent reporter.

I haven't run into to him for a few years so can't really speak for what he is like these days.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        Bob Jones was actually quite a respected reporter during Vietnam War - We may make fun of him here but at one time, he was an excellent reporter.
        I should've not made fun of John McCain and John Kerry too.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          Bob Jones was actually quite a respected reporter during Vietnam War - I believe he went national. Plus, seeing him crouched down in a foxhole while rockets & bullets were going off over his head - he was really HOT. As far as I know he is still married to Denby Fawcett, who was also a very respected Vietnam reporter and is currently an on-air reporter for Ch. 4. We may make fun of him here but at one time, he was an excellent reporter.

I haven't run into to him for a few years so can't really speak for what he is like these days.
          my personal opinion..he had a mild attack of male PMS while writing the bloody article!!! i am sure he was a respected reported.....that should not in anyway allow him the sacks to spit his what mays at HT based on merit and entitlement....or maybe just maybe he had it confused with another forum....hhhhmmm than again confusion alone is your own worst enemy....next to perfection...speaking of cofusion; why is it that...uum.......never mind....end of post!!

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          I should've not made fun of John McCain
          ohhh booooowhooooo WB...what's done is done!!!
          Last edited by Seeking Penance; November 17, 2008, 11:35 PM. Reason: just cause
          stay forever young

Comment

Ahh, now i am up to speed.

Thanks
            Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cnecki View Post
              Ahh, now i am up to speed.
              But the question of the day is Bob Jones up to speed?

Hey Bob! Ya keep'n up, ya keep'n up?
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                I think it was us who spun Tiny into a frenzy.
                I searched for the Tiny threads...that's a lot of drama packed into one month
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                "
                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                    I searched for the Tiny threads...that's a lot of drama packed into one month
                    Yeah - not one of our prouder moments (...but a lot of fun at the time).

Comment

I think with today's posters, the flaming would have been a lot more intense.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Yeah - not one of our prouder moments (...but a lot of fun at the time).
                        Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        I think with today's posters, the flaming would have been a lot more intense.
                        Yep. He was only getting mild rebukes until he decided to flame our favorite pupule auntie. That's when I went into bulldog attack mode, joined later by others who were also incensed by his using his son and especially by his using his church. We gave him a good and well-deserved cyber-spanking, and I actually do think it was one of our prouder moments, whacking a bully and chasing him out of HT. And didja notice that ol' Tiny has pretty much disappeared in general since then? I think he still emcees a few minor events, but that's about it.
                        Lesson: never mess with da HT ohana.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          And didja notice that ol' Tiny has pretty much disappeared in general since then? I think he still emcees a few minor events, but that's about it.
                          Does he still do the Gonzo camera style?
                          I always feel that somebody's watchin' me.

Comment

never mess with da HT ohana.

<cracks knuckles, and grins.>
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Does he still do the Gonzo camera style?
                              I always feel that somebody's watchin' me.
                              HaaaaHaaa.....

yea, he's still doing the gonzo thing and he still has a slot on OC16 in the mornings.....
                              Aloha!

Geebz

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                As punishment, I will now switch my avatar to a picture of the Jones boy and an occasional commentary on him in my sig..... until he joins HT and participates.

In the meantime, I figure it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. My posts will publicize his columns on Midweek,...... and maybe he'll mention me in one of his pieces.
                                Ack!! FM!! I can't take it anymore!! Whenever I visit HT I have to see Bob's grinning mug! Who are you trying to punish? My eyes are drawn to it...it's like a train wreck...I don't want to see it but I can't look away!! Nooooooooooo!

Please Bob, have a heart! Come to HT and participate! I promise to welcome you with open arms! I don't even care that you criticized HT publicly and unfairly! (although I find myself to be the opposite of your remarks - highbrow, peaceful, and sophisticated. With excellent grammar and punctuation, to boot!) Just, please, Bob, put an end to Frankie's avatar!!
                                Last edited by turtlegirl; November 20, 2008, 01:01 PM. Reason: punctuation
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X