Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dissing HawaiiThreads?

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    I find myself to be the opposite of your remarks - highbrow, peaceful, and sophisticated. With excellent grammar and punctuation, to boot!)
    Don't believe her Bob! She's playing you like a fiddle! She's just like the rest of us!
    Last edited by matapule; November 20, 2008, 01:29 PM. Reason: to please Bob
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Who can't get enough BJ(Bob Jones)? Really low-brow?

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Don't believe her Bob! She's playing you like a fiddle! She's just like the rest of us!

Nuh-uhhh!!! I am not lowbrow!!!

I shave my forehead, it's high now.

Comment

From FM's sig link to Bob Jones' column:
          Many Waianae residents think we East Honoluluans look down on them as not our societal equals. How often does an East Honoluluan drive out to Waianae and Nanakuli to see what’s happening or chat with residents there? We’re more likely to employ them.
          If we ever meet, I'll let Bob decide where I fall on the societal equal scale.

When I lived in Hawaii Kai and Kahala I used to drive out to Makaha just to soak up the mana I experienced there. I loved to "chat with the residents". Then I bought a condo. Then I moved. The Waianae Coast felt more like 'home' than any other Oahu neighborhood in which I'd lived over the years. I've owned for 21 years and resided for 16 years. And, I've never regretted it; including a stint with a most unpleasant, mainland-transplant condo building employee!

Comment

I bought a 2 night stay at the Makaha Resort recently at a silent auction
            benefitting MA'O Farms located in Waianae. I am looking forward to staying
            out there and soaking up the atmosphere!

Comment

I had breakfast with friends at the Makaha Resort last Monday. It's such a beautiful property.

Comment

I had a girlfriend who lived out in Waianae then she moved to Makaha. Beautiful place, wonderful people, great parties. And that was when I lived in East Honolulu (Waialae Nui valley).
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

i would hear icky things about makaha and waianae..we were out there not too long ago to watch the sunset at makaha beach....wasn't so bad at all....i didnt't realize there is a hotel out there
                  stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                    [...]i didnt't realize there is a hotel out there
                    It's back in the valley that's directly behind Makaha Beach. The resort also has a golf course. A truly lovely setting...

Comment

• Re: Dissing HawaiiThreads?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      I had breakfast with friends at the Makaha Resort last Monday. It's such a beautiful property.
                      Good to know. We used to go long ago when it was the Sheraton and stay.
                      I am looking forward to our visit sometime in the next few months.

Comment

• Re: Dissing HawaiiThreads?

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                        I reading this op-ed by Bob Jones in Hawaii Reporter this morning.Lo and behold I came to this paragraph :

"And about those online comments from readers. So many of them are so emotional, misspelled, flat-out wrong on facts or show low-education syntax."
                        Well, Bob may have been a great reporter at one time, but clearly he is guilty of his own accusations. From his column in the February 11th edition of MidWeek:

“Ric” Shinseki is a guy way beyond the usual mold of the make-no-waves military careerist -son of a hairdresser and a garage mechanic on Kauai, two tours in Vietnam, loss of part of a foot, went from second lieutenant to Army Chief of Staff. He’s the one who advised we’d need “several thousand” troops to pacify Iraq.
                        EXCUSE ME?! Bob, a little fact-checking on your part might be in order here. What Gen. Eric Shinseki said back in 2003 was that we would need “several HUNDRED thousand troops” to pacify Iraq. When you’re trying to make the point that Shinseki is ‘a guy way beyond the usual mold of the make-no-waves military careerist,’ you might want to get the details of his defining moment right. If Shinseki had actually said what Bob claims he said, more than a few people would hold him in less regard than Donald Rumsfeld.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                        X