X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

All we really need is you, MM! There'll be at least one other geocacher there, I think, though he's not active here on HT. Either way, you'll be more than enough to spread the word.

Today I met Sunni Brown, who does "visual notes." My friend Burt saw her in Austin for SXSW, and HMSA brought her into town for a project. She'll also be joining us on Sunday, so she'll be sharing some of what she does. Neat stuff.

I also just heard from at least one representative of the Pacific Outpost, the local group that has Storm Trooper outfits and makes appearances now and then. Rather than coming in full armor, he's going to bring some of his props and tools to share how it all works.

Zippy's is contributing some of its famous chili and rice, and Therapy Sports Grill in Koko Marina is also providing some food. I'm also pretty sure Pali of Lava.Net will provide some pizza, just like last year. So, there should be good eats at this potluck!

I'm still looking for maybe one more tent, and a table or two, if anyone has 'em. Apart from that, all I need now for Sunday is for the weather to hold up!

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Just to let you know...
    I've posted at GPSHawai'i, emailed and called Geocachers with no "Will Attends".
    It's okay though. I created a traveling binder of all things GEO, so that I can walk around and be sorta a one man band. HaHa!

I also printed up 100 flyers for the CITO Event and will hand them out to those interested.

I'll bring some apples, bananas, and oranges to feed the animals.

See ya's!!!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Love that there'll be a vegetarian contingent... but I'm also looking forward to auntie's kal bi!

This is a big geek mixer, so HawaiiThreads folks will be but one of the groups represented. On Twitter, about 40 say they're coming. On Facebook, about 50. With lots of crossover, to be sure!

Don't think you have to feed 50 people, though! Bring what you can. I can only hope there are no leftovers to take home!

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Pure vegetarians over here, so we will be bringing a dish with no legs. Or fins. Any favorite suggestions? I was thinking of making my famous "Funeral Macaroni & Cheese". It's soooo delicious! But I'd love to know what other vegis like. I got about a million recipes....
    Anything with cheese in it gets my vote! Bring on the cholesterol and heart attack! Seriously, though--cheese is my weakness. Forget sweet things and chocolate. Just need cheese.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Pure vegetarians over here, so we will be bringing a dish with no legs. Or fins. Any favorite suggestions? I was thinking of making my famous "Funeral Macaroni & Cheese". It's soooo delicious! But I'd love to know what other vegis like. I got about a million recipes....

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
    I'll try to make an appearance--and I'll be bringing something that doesn't contain four legs. (Not sure yet what that will be, lol).
    oooooooooooh, then 2 legs?

Now I wish even more that I could go!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I can't make it. Waaaaaaah...
    I, too, hope to see lots of pictures.

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Head count summary:
    pzarquon - 5
    LocalMotion - 1
    helen - 2
    sophielynette - 1
    Menehune Man - 1
    1stwahine - 4

plus the possibility of 2 more people.
    I'll try to make an appearance--and I'll be bringing something that doesn't contain four legs. (Not sure yet what that will be, lol).

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Head count summary:
    pzarquon - 5
    LocalMotion - 1
    helen - 2
    sophielynette - 1
    Menehune Man - 1
    1stwahine - 4

plus the possibility of 2 more people.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Kalbi and whatevas.

P.K., Antonio, Kiana and Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Thanks, MM! I'd love to see you and others spread the geocaching love, and I'm happy to already see some HTers crossing over to participate in CITO. In addition to your gadgets and displays, bring some CITO flyers!

Everyone else, please join us. We haven't had a HT meetup in ages, after our New Year's dinner got flooded out! Many of you have been here since the beginning, and HT for me is one of my favorite of an "online community" truly having an impact in "the real world" here in Hawaii. Bring your family! (I will!)

If you can come, let us know, and let us know what you can bring! It is a potluck, after all!

I'm tied to several different groups coming down, so my contribution will probably be spread pretty thin, but it'll basically be a tent, a table, a cooler with ice, and lots of drinks (water, soda, juice).

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Okay Pzarquon!
    I'll do a simple talk on the wild and wacky world of Geocaching...
    Bring some printouts of cache web pages...
    Most likely photos of various containers...
    May think of other things and see if other 'cachers will come too...

And most importantly there is a geocache on Magic Island named...
    Island Magic
    So will bring my Garmin 60cx GPSr unit and lead those interested in an actual 'hunt'!
    Last edited by Menehune Man; April 2, 2009, 04:33 PM. Reason: Add of course!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

It would be great to see you again, MM! It's been forever.

I know you have the CITO event on May 3, but is there any chance there could be a geocaching contingent at the Hawaii Geek Meet? Last year there were half a dozen, at least, including a couple of out-of-town visitors. I'm sure you could get people in this tech-friendly crowd interested in geocaching!

Last year, the Hawaii Geek Meet was an "event cache" you could get credit for attending, but I was told this year it can't be accepted since it's not only for geocachers. Still, again, I'd love to see some GPS gadgets and cache containers on display!

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Okay!
    I missed the last "Geek Meet" and won't let that happen again.

I'll bring some fruits. Easy to transport, doesn't need ice, good for you, etc.

Since I work that afternoon, I have a plan...
    the day before I'll take an extra uniform to work so I can leave from Magic Island and go directly to work.

See ya's there!

Leave a comment:

• sophielynette
    replied

I will be there, complete with allergic-to-sun garb, sketchbook in hand. I will probably bake something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X