Head count summary:
      pzarquon - 5
      LocalMotion - 1
      helen - 2
      sophielynette - 1
      Menehune Man - 1
      1stwahine - 4

plus the possibility of 2 more people.
      I'll try to make an appearance--and I'll be bringing something that doesn't contain four legs. (Not sure yet what that will be, lol).

Comment

Re: HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

I can't make it. Waaaaaaah...
        I, too, hope to see lots of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
          I'll try to make an appearance--and I'll be bringing something that doesn't contain four legs. (Not sure yet what that will be, lol).
          oooooooooooh, then 2 legs?

Now I wish even more that I could go!
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Pure vegetarians over here, so we will be bringing a dish with no legs. Or fins. Any favorite suggestions? I was thinking of making my famous "Funeral Macaroni & Cheese". It's soooo delicious! But I'd love to know what other vegis like. I got about a million recipes....
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
              Pure vegetarians over here, so we will be bringing a dish with no legs. Or fins. Any favorite suggestions? I was thinking of making my famous "Funeral Macaroni & Cheese". It's soooo delicious! But I'd love to know what other vegis like. I got about a million recipes....
              Anything with cheese in it gets my vote! Bring on the cholesterol and heart attack! Seriously, though--cheese is my weakness. Forget sweet things and chocolate. Just need cheese.

Comment

Love that there'll be a vegetarian contingent... but I'm also looking forward to auntie's kal bi!

This is a big geek mixer, so HawaiiThreads folks will be but one of the groups represented. On Twitter, about 40 say they're coming. On Facebook, about 50. With lots of crossover, to be sure!

Don't think you have to feed 50 people, though! Bring what you can. I can only hope there are no leftovers to take home!

Comment

Just to let you know...
                  I've posted at GPSHawai'i, emailed and called Geocachers with no "Will Attends".
                  It's okay though. I created a traveling binder of all things GEO, so that I can walk around and be sorta a one man band. HaHa!

I also printed up 100 flyers for the CITO Event and will hand them out to those interested.

I'll bring some apples, bananas, and oranges to feed the animals.

See ya's!!!
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

All we really need is you, MM! There'll be at least one other geocacher there, I think, though he's not active here on HT. Either way, you'll be more than enough to spread the word.

Today I met Sunni Brown, who does "visual notes." My friend Burt saw her in Austin for SXSW, and HMSA brought her into town for a project. She'll also be joining us on Sunday, so she'll be sharing some of what she does. Neat stuff.

I also just heard from at least one representative of the Pacific Outpost, the local group that has Storm Trooper outfits and makes appearances now and then. Rather than coming in full armor, he's going to bring some of his props and tools to share how it all works.

Zippy's is contributing some of its famous chili and rice, and Therapy Sports Grill in Koko Marina is also providing some food. I'm also pretty sure Pali of Lava.Net will provide some pizza, just like last year. So, there should be good eats at this potluck!

I'm still looking for maybe one more tent, and a table or two, if anyone has 'em. Apart from that, all I need now for Sunday is for the weather to hold up!

Comment

Hey, here's a nice story in today's Advertiser about Ryan and the Geek Meet!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

That was unexpected, and awesome! I just heard from a teacher of mine at Mililani High School (I was her student in the summer of 1990), and she says she may stop by!

Also joining us for a bit will be Roz Savage. If you haven't heard her story, you should visit her site. She's an amazing person.

Pali of Lava.Net came through with our pizza, so I think alongside Zippy's and Therapy Sports Bar (Koko Marina) we'll have plenty to eat, adding in the contributions brought by others.

Helen, will you be bringing napkins and plastic utensils too?

All we need now is good weather. I see it may be cloudy and grey tomorrow... but I hope we'll still keep dry!

Comment

I'll try to drop in for a while. Couple of questions:

- what would be something to bring that we maybe don't already have?

- when will this begin and end approximately?

- is parking at Magic Island easy to get? or do you need to get there early?

Be prepared to be photographed. Ha!

Comment

The permit coverage for picnic area #39 is for 9am to 4pm with a start time of the event at 10am.

As far what to bring, maybe canned soda or bottled water would be the safe bet.
                            Last edited by helen; April 18, 2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hey, Jim! Would be great to see you!

For the potluck, we've got a lot of the basics (chili and rice, chicken, pizza), some vegetarian dishes, I'll be bringing sodas and juice and two folks are bringing bottled water... I'd say our weekest departments are snacks (chips, finger foods) and maybe dessert.

Begins at 10 a.m., runs 'til 3 p.m., officially, but we didn't clean up and clear out 'til near sunset last year. Whew!

There is parking at Magic Island, but it can fill up. Lots of people tend to park at Ala Moana Center and walk over.

Being photographed? I'm counting on it! There should be several photo geeks there!

Comment

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that I'll make it after all. Sad to be missing such a diverse celebration!

Comment

Working...
                                X