HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

I am at the Geek Meet now, WiFi service provided by Jeff (from Twitter). There is over 30 people here.

Comment

The gathering is still going now. Still got food and there is over 50 people now.

Comment

What a terrific time!
        I totally enjoyed myself and definitely won't be needing dinner either.
        Loved catching up with old friends, putting faces to screen names, being adopted by a bunch of kids, and...

Setting up

Our group taken while returning from a Geocache hunt. I lead a few today.

Thanks for a Great day!!!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I am so glad you all had a great time! Thanks for the pictures! I was committed to going to the Tagami & Powell art show to support a friend
          who was exhibiting. It was a great time. Sometime I sure hope to meet
          you all! It was fun to read about the event yesterday in the paper.

Comment

I went to the GeekMeet today. The weather was perfect - sunny, warm Hawaii. Amazingly this was the first time I'd been to Ala Moana Park or Magic Island. Super nice. Lots of families and picnics and parties. I met a lot of people. I'd name names, but I don't want to risk forgetting anyone. When I got there Menehune Man took several of us including Brian (LocalMotion) and his girlfriend Stacia on a geocaching demonstration. Then I met Ryan and he pointed out Aunty Lynn. Aunty Lynn took me around and introduced me to many HT'ers. Thanks Lynn. I much appreciated your friendliness. I sat down and ate while talking to Seeking Penance and met Aunty Lynn's daughter, Granddaughter and Husband PK. There was a ton of good food. Everyone was very friendly and the vibe was easy and relaxed. I was going to take a bunch of individual shots, but in the end I didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable with the camera. So here are some quick snapshots I took on auto, with a little sharpening and cropping, just to give an idea of what was going on in general. Beautiful time. I'm glad I went.

Aunty Lynn and Seeking Penance.

These guys were turning that box of Altoids into a time machine.

The gentleman on the left was providing views of the sun's solar activity.

Comment

More from the GeekMeet.

Comment

Still more

Comment

Two more. The last one is Aunty Lynn and PK. Aunty Lynn, I have some other ones for you and PK, but I haven't got them processed yet. I believe this one is with the flash.

Comment

Oh you're -that- Jim! Oh man, I'm horrible with names, if you'd been holding up a little picture of your avatar I totally would have remembered you. I wish I'd realized, I would have loved to talk photo.

Fun party. Good times. I'm sunburnt and sleepy. Big thanks to everyone who helped out.
                    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

oO(did I see lightsabers?)

it is lovely to see the pictures!

pax

Comment

It was awesome meeting everyone today at Geek Meet!!! what a fun time and great grindz. Even did a little geocaching with Menehune Man and Jim75.

I love how this board grows like a family
                        website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                        blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                          Oh you're -that- Jim! Oh man, I'm horrible with names, if you'd been holding up a little picture of your avatar I totally would have remembered you. I wish I'd realized, I would have loved to talk photo.
                          It was nice to meet you Sophie. We'll talk photo in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                            I love how this board grows like a family
                            Me too.

It was a joy to see everyone and to meet new Geeks! I also have some pics but I'll post it laterz. Am too tired to do it tonight. I delivered some food to Aala Park to my Homeless friends. They were very thankful.

Jim, the photo's are beautiful.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I wish I were more active here so I would have known to look for and meet you all. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                                Oh you're -that- Jim! Oh man, I'm horrible with names, if you'd been holding up a little picture of your avatar I totally would have remembered you.[...]
                                I dunno, maybe name tags are dorky but I think name tags with our avatars are a really good idea...even if only the HTers wore them.

Thanks for the photos to date. What a perfect day for a picnic and to be outside. Sorry to miss the festivities. I didn't see any tweets on FB announcing the arrival of MC Hammer so I assume he was a no show! His loss!

Comment

Working...
                                X