HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

TS, I remembered you wore your avatar last year...of course you are much prettier!. Thanks for all the pictures; I am so sorry we missed it this year. Looks like everyone had a great time. I am definitely making it to MM's geocaching cleanup in May! We drove by the entrance to Kualoa Park the other day, and I scoped out the route to Secret Island.

Jim, I especially like the pic of the geocachers making their cache, and the one of Auntie Lynn and SP.

Ryan, you are da bomb.

Comment

Did someone say Light sabers? Super cool Storm Trooper helmets too!

Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        I dunno, maybe name tags are dorky but I think name tags with our avatars are a really good idea...even if only the HTers wore them.
        I made my Event Name tag almost two years ago.
        It helps that I'm Menehune Man in a couple of different worlds.

Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Aloha, All pau.

"Ryan Ozawa, my Web Master, and friend organized the Second Annual Hawaii Geek Meet. It was held at the same park at Ala Moana's Magic Island. Once again, it was a complete success. icon_mrgreen Geeks from Hawaii Threads, Face Book, Twtter, Radio Enthusiasts, TechHui, Geocaching, etc. One Big OHANA. icon_mrgreen

All kinds of KauKau. Only in Hawaii."

More pictures on my Blog.
          http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What were they making with the altoid boxes? From Ryan's flicker pics it looks like mini solar chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
              What were they making with the altoid boxes? From Ryan's flicker pics it looks like mini solar chargers.
              I wasn't watching. LOL But P.K. was...he was trying to tell me what they were doing and I kept brushing him OFF>>>until I heard the two men say they got 7 sumting from it. Battery Chargers.

Note: They made two different thingys.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The solar panel they made was able to produce 7.3 volts. Your standard AA, AAA, C or D sized batteries delivers 1.5 volts.

Comment

Sweet!

That would be direct current tho wouldn't it? Would a converter have to be used to power/charge a phone or Ipod?

Comment

Thanks for a great event, and for sharing your photos! I posted the few I took with my iPhone, and you can also see the slowly growing set of photos across several attendees via the 'hawaiigeekmeet' tag at Flickr.

We did have nametags, though they got lost on the table o' tech and gadgetry. I'll have to get them out more aggressively next time.

I was so sure this year's event would be smaller than the last, as response seemed more subdued and it seemed like a busy time of the year for those that I'd sought out. But instead, it was a much larger gathering than the first, and for all my worries about running out of food, true to local form we ended up with a great surplus. I was glad 1stwahine was able to take some to the homeless afterward.

Here's to the Hawaii Geek Meet III!

Comment

Originally posted by FranMag View Post
                      I wish I were more active here so I would have known to look for and meet you all. :-)
                      You've been here since October 2005? What the heck?
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        You've been here since October 2005? What the heck?

Really REALLY shy, or the ALM (Automatic Lurker Mode) never got turned off?

Comment

You guys bring lightsabers? That's my kind of party! I get to be Leia!

Beautiful pics everyone!
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                            You guys bring lightsabers? That's my kind of party! I get to be Leia!

Beautiful pics everyone!
                            Gotta have the hairbraids---start growing the hair now!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                              Gotta have the hairbraids---start growing the hair now!
                              I already have long hair and a very similar name. I'M READY!
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                I dunno, maybe name tags are dorky but I think name tags with our avatars are a really good idea...even if only the HTers wore them.
                                Some of the Twitter people where wearing T-Shirts with their twitter username on them, kind of big lettering too so it's hard to miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X