Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking in

I've been MIA for a while for a variety of reasons, good and bad.
    Beside working looong hours, I've also been fortunate enough to have been playing a heckuva lot of live music the past few months.
    I also had a root canal and shortly thereafter discovered that I've got a herniated disk in my lower back. For a while it was pressing on a nerve and even though I've got a pretty high resistance to pain, this was excruciating for a couple of weeks.
    Somewhat better now, thanks.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

i think you know very well, lika, that there are certain folks who would consider your status as HT bulldog to be proof that you're not one of the "nice" ones here...

whatever the worth of being nice/not nice here is, i'm glad you're a bit better now and that maybe we'll be seeing more of you. i'm quite sure i'm not the only one who feels that way.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
        i think you know very well, lika, that there are certain folks who would consider your status as HT bulldog to be proof that you're not one of the "nice" ones here...
        whatever the worth of being nice/not nice here is, i'm glad you're a bit better now and that maybe we'll be seeing more of you. i'm quite sure i'm not the only one who feels that way.
        Well thanks... I think.
        I was only a bulldog twice that I recall: once for those elderly friends of TutuSue's who had the elevator problem (I assume that's finally been resolved, Tutu?) and once when almost all of us here (but especially Auntie Lynne) were under attack by some tiny pseudo-celebrity guy.
        Other than those two times, I'd like to think this bulldog has pretty much been a pussycat.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          ...I'd like to think this bulldog has pretty much been a pussycat.
          what an auditory image that is:

barowrowrowrowr! barowrowrowrowr! barowrowrowrowrpurrrrrrrr....

and yeah, i meant to be complimentary. *thumbs up*

showing off my nerdy student of english side: waaaaay back in the day, if someone said you were "nice" it wasn't a nice thing:
          ORIGIN original senses included "stupid" and "coy, reserved": from Latin nescius ‘ignorant’.
          (per compact OED)
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Well thanks... I think.
            I was only a bulldog twice that I recall: once for those elderly friends of TutuSue's who had the elevator problem (I assume that's finally been resolved, Tutu?) and once when almost all of us here (but especially Auntie Lynne) were under attack by some tiny pseudo-celebrity guy.
            Other than those two times, I'd like to think this bulldog has pretty much been a pussycat.
            Ummm...wasn't Miulang treated to the bulldog?

The elevator situation is slowly resolving.

Comment

I think it's fair to say we all have our bulldog moments. How boring would the world be if we all were perfectly nice and everyone agreed about everything?

As my husband likes to say, "We're not having an argument. We're having a discussion."

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

• Re: Just checking in

I also had a root canal and shortly thereafter discovered that I've got a herniated disk in my lower back. ...this was excruciating for a couple of weeks.
                Wow! So sorry to hear about your health problems. Glad you've been playing lots of music, though. And here all this time, I figured you were busy having a blast boating at the Sandbar! Looking forward to any more photos you'd like to post; always a treat.

barb (Anaheim-side, where it's going to be a long, hot summer!)

Comment

I also had a root canal and shortly thereafter discovered that I've got a herniated disk in my lower back. For a while it was pressing on a nerve and even though I've got a pretty high resistance to pain, this was excruciating for a couple of weeks.
                  Wow that's some root canal )
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Beside working looong hours, I've also been fortunate enough to have been playing a heckuva lot of live music the past few months.
                    Likanui, are you in a band? What's the name of the band? And what kind of music do you play? And, finally, where have you been playing at?

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                      And yeah, i meant to be complimentary. *thumbs up*
                      Yeah, I thought so. *hug*

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Ummm...wasn't Miulang treated to the bulldog?
                      Oh. I forgot about that one. Okay, three times, not two. Three well-deserved times.

The elevator situation is slowly resolving.
                      Slowly?!?!!! Uh-oh. I feel a bulldog mood coming on.

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                      Wow! So sorry to hear about your health problems. Glad you've been playing lots of music, though. And here all this time, I figured you were busy having a blast boating at the Sandbar! Looking forward to any more photos you'd like to post; always a treat.
                      Thanks, but there may not be any more boating photos, since the boat is for sale due to a lack of time to use it, much less time to maintain it.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Wow that's some root canal )
                      ROFLMOO!!! Good one, Craig!
                      The root canal was time consuming but painless. My dentist was awesome!!!

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                      Likanui, are you in a band?
                      Yes and no. I play bass for several different bands as needed, like if their regular bass player can't make a gig or if they're between bass players, etc. For the past few months my phone has been ringing like crazy. I love it.

And what kind of music do you play?
                      My first love is Hawaiian music, but I play everything except heavy metal. (I've done it, but I don't like it.)

Comment

Welcome back LikaNui!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Facebook Follow my leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            heheheh

Mafia Wars!

Don Vasquez-Dela Cerna
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                              Come and join me on Facebook, Barry.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                                Come and join me on Facebook, Barry.

I am there Steven Paul Armstrong (change of nickname) I love the garden games.

Comment

Working...
                                X