X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Thread

what da "gee kimo" thread teaches us...
    Originally posted by memorylane
    Removing the text of a message here. I couldn't remove the note out right so the best I could do was to remove the text and enter this here.
    waiiidaminnittt!

If.. someone casts aspersions on someone else's name or presupposes their modus operandi, intent or their message, one has reasonable rights (nay; responsibilities) to set da record straight... to offer clarification. and to continue treads with growing posts which we end up talking story in... without fear or trepidation of reprisal or the aforementioned posts disappering into Po.
    When memorylane published misconceptions here, said I changed my "siggy" to mimic memorylane's and implied i wanted to get off this rock, I clarified in a response post; I have No "siggy". Thus, I am not able to alter or change my "siggy", and I never indicated dissatisfaction in living here, my island home.

Don't unnahstand at all, the wikiwiki wacky woo way the posts of our talk story got eradicated on this "gee, kimo" thread.

Why would posts (discussions) in a thread that are growing, be deleted!?

we are in the middle of talking story and things are dissappearing willy nilly. IF... we knew this would happen, we would copy and save our posts and continue or replicate the discussion on another board !

don unnahstannum. IF... someone utters the sacred kapu name of Kimo in vain, I goin stick up fo da kine, cuz mo fun at least to clarify and den pandemonium, hilarity and anarchy ensues. dass what we want here on da bwahd. no?!

k den. so what admin tryin fo ak out heah!?

indiscriminate, disproportionate censorship is humbug!

unjust! unfair and imbalanced! negligent! pithy! sacrosanct! omnipotent! oblique! (and other obtuse adjectives.)
    Last edited by kimo55; December 7, 2004, 03:27 PM.

Re: Deleted Thread

Helen, who assists me in moderating this site, cleared the posts. As it was apparently a member-to-member message, she felt a Private Message was more appropriate than a public post. Unfortunately, she was unfamiliar with the moderating tools and things got a little tangled. I ultimately removed it completely.

General talkstory threads should normally not be deleted, with moderation saved for blatantly offensive or libelous content. (Though Mixed Plate is where I'd suggest they go, rather than the Front Desk.) If that's what we lost, I apologize.

That said, if your message is "Hey, Kimo!" then perhaps a Private Message is the way to go if you just want to engage another user directly. If your message is to "call out" another member, then perhaps it shouldn't be posted at all. Finally, though I missed the thread in question, if the thread is basically a personal spat between members, chances are it will get deleted, active or not.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
      perhaps a Private Message is the way to go if you just want to engage another user directly. If your message is to "call out" another member, then perhaps it shouldn't be posted at all. Finally, though I missed the thread in question, if the thread is basically a personal spat between members, chances are it will get deleted, active or not.
      thass my point. it was a general talk story thread that others were joining in on.
      no offense was meant and no offense was taken, at least by me. helen maybe thot so, tho.

Comment

Thanks for your understanding. While I share your disdain for "smileys," here's a situation where they might have helped! A community that grows close and comfortable with each other can foster lots of playful ribbing, but to a newcomer, sometimes it's hard to suss out that tone.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          Thanks for your understanding. While I share your disdain for "smileys," here's a situation where they might have helped! A community that grows close and comfortable with each other can foster lots of playful ribbing, but to a newcomer, sometimes it's hard to suss out that tone.

yea. We are close. A touchy feely huggy loveable bunch so fulla the aloha spirit, it's oozing outta our ears.
          We love to share and the acceptance quotient exhibited here is not in evidence on any other site! we rule. and anyone who thinks differently, i goin' smack! youbecha. so don't cross us or delete our posts!

disclaimer:
          for those new to the world or unaccomstomed to irony or jocular joviality and the nature of jest, the above is to be viewed in the light and vein of parody and humor only. no insult or harm toward any race, creed, religion or intelligence level is implied, intended or conveyed. no animals were harmed in the making of this. all names have been changed to protect the guilty. park and lock it. not responsible.
          Last edited by kimo55; December 7, 2004, 02:12 PM. Reason: mis speyulled. sorry, eh!?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            disclaimer:
            for those new to the world or unaccomstomed to irony or jocular joviality and the nature of jest, the above is to be viewed in the light and vein of parody and humor only. no insult or harm toward any race, creed, religion or intelligence level is implied, intended or conveyed. no animals were harmed in the making of this. all names have been changed to protect the guilty. park and lock it. not responsible.
            Eh Bruddah! You wen forget to make 'em in manini kine print! Gotta make 'em in manini kine print so everybody going tink you some kine high muckamucka lawyer or something.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Eh Bruddah! You wen forget to make 'em in manini kine print! Gotta make 'em in manini kine print so everybody going tink you some kine high muckamucka lawyer or something.

Miulang
              Why you t'ink I like make people t'ink dat!?
              I don't write small. No. Not Kimo.
              and...
              I would NEVER write like a liar. I mean like a lawyer.
              Convoluted, nonsensical, indirect, ambiguous, inexact, overly-wordy, pretentious, obfuscatory, otherworld fake language. A writing style that makes absolutely no sense. That many of them can not even understand either.
              Full of fabricated made up words that NO one else speaks or writes.

Verbiage that goes against, completely contrary to any and all:
              Wordsmithing standards.
              Aesthetics of conversation or writing style.
              The interest of being coherent and understood.
              Just basic common sense.

Nooo. not me. not in this life.
              Last edited by kimo55; December 7, 2004, 03:12 PM.

Comment

wow.
                88 people viewed this subject within 4 hours.

a thread entitled:
                "deleted thread".

...and 30 people or more a day want to read about "Old Posts"

reality TV here we come!

(what IS the draw?!)
                Last edited by kimo55; December 7, 2004, 07:36 PM.

Comment

It must have gotten warm in here, i missed it........either way, so much for Aloha spirit bragged about. I didnt find much of it in the trip I made back to Oahu or on here either one. Mahalo, i'm out......
                  If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X