X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalalau
    replied
    Re: Left v. Right on HT

I took that quiz, came out a -5.88 on economics, a -4.46 on social libertarian, in the Ghandi quadrant.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
    Whatever. I don't need this public criticism of my opinions at this point.
    NO ONE criticized your opinions; we've only discussed where on the left/right spectrum they appear to fall most often.

But you know what? Aaron has played this victim-game on several occasions before, usually with the "you've earned a place on my ignore list" whine.

If posting on the internet is too stressful for someone, by all means, they should take a break and step away from the computer screen. But no one over the age of eleven should play the "you guys are too mean - I'm takin' my ball and goin' home" game and still expect to be respected.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Whatever. I don't need this public criticism of my opinions at this point. My life is already stressful enough.
    Aaron, if it wouldn't be too stressful, can you point out where you have been criticized? We are all under stress to one degree or another almost all the time. Some members of HT have chosen to share their stress with the HT family, and I think received some good advice, as well as support. I can think of several but one in particular in the last couple of days. Do you care to share anything about your stress with us? Maybe we can help. If you feel I have personally been unfair to you, send me a PM and let's talk it out. I'm sure we can come to some sort of "peacefire".

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Aaron, you weren't flamed. No one questioned your passion for Hawaii. So I honestly don't understand your anger. You're a valued member of HT and I, for one, would miss your contributions. Please reconsider.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Aaron - lighten up! someone disagrees with you. Its not the end of the world. Its what this thread is about - where on the political spectrum do you see yourself? is the question. You're a right - many on here are lefties, including me. But, you still have a right to express your opinion. as does everyone else.

Defend your position (like a debate?) instead of running away and admitting defeat in the argument. I for one, hope you will stay!

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

Whatever. I don't need this public criticism of my opinions at this point. My life is already stressful enough. So, I'm going to ask that my account here be terminated.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Leo, I hope your opinion is also formed based on what hasn't been written as well, often it's the unwritten stuff that prevails, eh?
    In this particular thread, though, I'm hewing closely to what's been publicly written and posted, since my original point was addressing those who complained that there was a dearth of postings from a more conservative p.o.v. Based solely on Aaron/Konaguy's HT postings, as well as his blog (which I included in my assessment, as he often steers us there for further writings on his views), I say he falls more often to the right of center. He doesn't have to be far right to be on my initial list, simply more to the conservative than the liberal direction. He even admits to "right leaning views," so I'm not sure what the problem is - he puts himself on that list I made.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Leo, I hope your opinion is also formed based on what hasn't been written as well, often it's the unwritten stuff that prevails, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

You don't know who I am or what I stand for aside from what I've written.
    Aaron, read again what I said in the first post. I made my assessment on what posters have written. If you assume I am making judgment on anything beyond that, you are incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Who made you the judge/jury and executioner to make a blanket opinion about me in that way? You can't solely conjure up an opinion just by looking at a cover of a book. The same goes for people. You don't know who I am or what I stand for aside from what I've written.

You have no clue about how passionate I am about the future of Hawaii, nor how many hours I spend working on my blog making sure its updated, along with holding government accountable.
    This is just so funny. Nonsensical, and funny. Keep up the 'good works'.

We are each our own judge/jury and executioner of our own opinions - if you don't agree with that, I feel very sorry for you.

Passion is no measure of effectiveness, you just may be passionately wrong-minded (looking one way, but proceeding in the opposite direction).
    Last edited by salmoned; November 8, 2010, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

how many hours I spend working on my blog making sure its updated, along with holding government accountable.
    Who made you the judge/jury and executioner of holding government accountable? Aaron, relax, it works both ways. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass hale.

You don't know who I am or what I stand for aside from what I've written.
    How else are we to know you? You don't know me other than what I have written and you have judged me thusly. No one on HT has ever met me personally. I am only known by what I have written.

In my opinion, you are a valued member of the HT ohana. Everyone has an opinion here on just about every subject. Your blog is your opinion. My posts are my opinion. My opinions change from time to time based on what people post on this forum. Diversity of thought and experence is good! I like to have my opinions challenged with reasoned thought. If you are a "moderate" or "conservative" or "liberal" on whatever issue, be proud of what you think. Enjoy the scrutiny here on HT. It will either make you a stronger believer in what you think or perhaps, just perhaps, you might give your opinions a second thought. Don't be petulant because someone may not agree with you. If you post it, be prepared to justify it.

Blessed Be.
    Last edited by matapule; November 8, 2010, 01:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

if you didn't want to be confronted about your views (and I'm not saying anything about them), then maybe you should have stayed out of a political discussion? Just saying...............

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I did say: ...tend to fall more often to the right side of the spectrum to one degree or another.

Going back over your posts (as well as your blog), I stand by my assessment as stated.
    Who made you the judge/jury and executioner to make a blanket opinion about me in that way? You can't solely conjure up an opinion just by looking at a cover of a book. The same goes for people. You don't know who I am or what I stand for aside from what I've written.

You have no clue about how passionate I am about the future of Hawaii, nor how many hours I spend working on my blog making sure its updated, along with holding government accountable.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

I think its a bit unfair to characterize myself strictly a right leaning individual. Yes I do have some right leaning views, but I also have views that could be characterized as moderate.
    I did say: ...tend to fall more often to the right side of the spectrum to one degree or another.

Going back over your posts (as well as your blog), I stand by my assessment as stated.

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Here is the problem with what you say. The moderate or centrist view as been moved way to the right of center with the Presidency of Reagan and continuing since. Your "moderate" views of today would have been far to the right of Goldwater at that time. You may characterize your views as "moderate" but that may not be how others perceive them.

For starters, you don't have a clue who I am and what I stand for. So, it is unfair to pigeonhole my opinions as right-wing. The most important thing to me is trying to make Hawaii a better place. I spend hours and end researching/on the phone getting project updates for my blog.

I wish people would stop pigeonholing people here. Maybe this is why I've pretty much stopped participating in the discussion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X