• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: Are we pau with HT?

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    I hope we keep Threads going. It seems to be getting pretty slow. This is something we would all miss if it went away. So...speak up.
    I'm slowly giving up on posting new threads. I don't want to eat in an empty restaurant without posts. It's sad that this board might end up in the disappearing establishment thread. I miss the Oxtail soup at Wisteria.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    I hope we keep Threads going. It seems to be getting pretty slow. This is something we would all miss if it went away. So...speak up.
    Well, if someone could answer my posting about how to make duplicate accounts, the handful of us could come back as 2 posters each and thus double our action.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    "New" is in white, and "Latest" is in yellow.
    Maybe it is because there are just a few New/latest postings, but it seems that when I click on either of those two words the same list of postings appears. Just what is the difference (I'm here to learn)?

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Sorry those colors are wonky on my screen, what is that advice again? Select what?
    "New" is in white, and "Latest" is in yellow.

I find that if I do 'select' as if I'm going to copy them, they show up fine. May not work on all screens or systems though....

Sorry bout that.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

I'll keep starting threads on topics of interest to me, it serves as my free default cloud info storing service. Thanx, HT!

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Posters on this board don't want to start a new thread for some reason.
    A point which fits the topic of this very thread.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

There doesn't seem to have a lack of comments on the Honolulu Star Advertiser website. But, they have the advantage of having set topics daily. Posters on this board don't want to start a new thread for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Sorry those colors are wonky on my screen, what is that advice again? Select what?

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    "New/Latest" (last 24 hours) posts = zero.
    Last new member= registered Aug.9 (two weeks ago), no posting, never signed on again.

Has the time arrived?
    nah. It's just cycles. Busy time, school starting, lousy economy, job searches, etc., etc.

We will have times again where the "New" selection fills two pages on your screen.

BTW, I learned (I think either Helen or Leo told me - I forget) to always select "New" rather than "Latest", cause if you hit "Latest" and you are past that 24 hours you can miss entire threads. You can always hit "Latest" later to see if there's anything else there.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

"New/Latest" (last 24 hours) posts = zero.
    Last new member= registered Aug.9 (two weeks ago), no posting, never signed on again.

Has the time arrived?

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I've never had real differences with the person in question, but there are reasons. Surely you could imagine some of them.
    Don't be calling people out on it.
    Nope, maybe my imagination ain't what it used to be. I never read anything but decentness from him, yet he seems to be almost reviled.
    Again, I didn't call out anyone in particular, it was an overall curious observation as to why most everybody ignored the moment which seemed rather odd.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

RE: Are we pau with HT? No, but we can work on improvements, such as keeping it pleasant about each other. I propose we try to keep HT on a positive note, and before anyone heads in the wrong direction, practice the adage "Don't speak ill of the dead".

Just saying.

Peaceful thoughts to all.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Why would anybody avoid posting for one of the better subscribers here in his passing, and do so in brigades?
    I've never had real differences with the person in question, but there are reasons. Surely you could imagine some of them. I am not saying any of these reasons is why I am keeping my mouth respectfully shut, but come on. Don't be calling people out on it.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

I missed all that somehow, FM, and dispite all our fighting I'm glad you're back and not dead, as had been suspected. The battle rages on!
    I can appreciate his denials, if that's what it was, staring death in the face sucks and we deal with it variously, plus we don't usually recognize the depths our non-actions can equal until it's too late. Life is tricky.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; July 21, 2013, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X