X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opihimonster
    replied
    Re: Not much action here. Why for?

Now granted I'm no prolific poster, but I do come on here weekly to see what the latest conversations are. For the first time in the 8yrs since I joined, when I clicked on the new or latest link I came up with zero results. No new posts by anyone this week?
    ....yikes!

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by RoyalHawaiian View Post
    It would be nice if it were a more active forum. I think this is a wonderful place to hang out.

Many of us old timers left because the flaming was getting intolerable. I'm back just to see if it's changed any.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

I just checked in after almost three years. I talk to most of us that have migrated over to Facebook...same flaming...at least we know each other by our given names at birth. Keeps things moderately civil...except for this presidential election. LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by RoyalHawaiian View Post
    It would be nice if it were a more active forum. I think this is a wonderful place to hang out.
    And there's some great folks here as well.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalHawaiian
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    I can't speak on anyone's behalf as to why people don't post here as much as it was in years past, mainly because I just don't know.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I can't speak on anyone's behalf as to why people don't post here as much as it was in years past, mainly because I just don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

I'm logging in today to post in an old topic thread, and came across this one. I did a quick check, and in the past year there there have only been 2 introductions. One person posted just once, and the other person is still around after about 5 months.

I admit that I have practically abandoned even remembering to visit this site. It was looking for where to post about a particular topic that made me remember HT. Gosh, in days past, I'd sometimes check in multiple times a day.

Anyway, the OP's question is still valid: "Not much action here. Why for?"

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Oh, then I just did not look far enough ... page 7. Well, at least it still shows up.

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    replied

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    I've noticed lately that when I do a search for "Hawaii threads", the website no longer shows up in the list of results. Nor did it show in the first three pages of searching when I did "Hawaiithreads". It used to be one of the top results. It also did not show up in the first three pages of "Hawaii forum".

Is traffic so slow around here now that it is not even being recognized by the search engines? It would now be mighty hard for a new person to find the website.
    Thankfully, I managed to find it during a Google search. On something like page 7 or 8. But still, it's there! I'm always glad to find more places where I can learn about Hawaii. I've wanted to live there for as long as I can remember (my parents were on Oahu while my dad was in the Army in the late '50s, and I came w/in 2 months of being born, there). Nowadays, since my husband and I are no longer encumbered by minor children, and his salary is sufficient to easily support us both, even in expensive Hawaii (or San Francisco, or Los Angeles, if we so desired), I'm seriously researching it and trying to convince him (from cold and wet Scotland) that he'd undoubtedly like several of the climate zones on the Big Island :-). We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

I've noticed lately that when I do a search for "Hawaii threads", the website no longer shows up in the list of results. Nor did it show in the first three pages of searching when I did "Hawaiithreads". It used to be one of the top results. It also did not show up in the first three pages of "Hawaii forum".

Is traffic so slow around here now that it is not even being recognized by the search engines? It would now be mighty hard for a new person to find the website.

Leave a comment:

• Shredded Mango
    replied

Long time no post for me. Even then it was only rarely.

Perhaps it’s like a long term marriage. You’ve heard all the stories over and over. Nothing new to add…..Just a guess.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/lifes...ays/vi-AA8wrjI

People are getting too stressed out.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

So, it's like "If I don't like what you say I'm going to take my toys and go home!" ????

So BS. I weatherd through a few years of 'being targeted.' Frankie telling me "You're punked" (whatever that means), matapule accusing me of being involved in a terrorist organization... WTF, does everyone else have a thin skin?

Everyone else was polite, informational or nonsensical.... I can handle.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Expat Kamaaina View Post
    I think all the opinions expressed here are somewhat valid. But I have an additional comment. I think that this site has lost the interest of many, including myself, since many of the posts have become nonsensical and illogical. It is getting more and more difficult to find comments and expressions of opinions that are somewhat meaningful.
    I resemble the nonsensical and illogical remark. I was called a moron the other day because I said "Your welcome" to a guy being rude. Frankie's Market wrote meaningful opinions. But, some posters got mad at him because of that.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Expat Kamaaina View Post
    I think all the opinions expressed here are somewhat valid. But I have an additional comment. I think that this site has lost the interest of many, including myself, since many of the posts have become nonsensical and illogical. It is getting more and more difficult to find comments and expressions of opinions that are somewhat meaningful.
    Well, the only way to cure that is to post something that is sensical and logical. Comments and expressions of opinion that are somewhat meaningful are always welcome.

What would you like to talk story about?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X