• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matapule
    replied
    Re: Not much action here. Why for?

Originally posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    I'm a newbie here, but have you been able to logon? I assume so, but who knows, lol! Contact Ryan via email and he can assign you a temporary password.
    I was able to log on recently after a several year absence, but I do miss some of my old friends who no longer post here.

Leave a comment:

• Troubleshooter
    replied

I'm a newbie here, but have you been able to logon? I assume so, but who knows, lol! Contact Ryan via email and he can assign you a temporary password.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Would I be able to log in after a long absence if I forgot my password? I had it on a post it note buried with other passwords for other things. I would have forgot the password if I didn't write it down.

Leave a comment:

• woodman
    replied

Haa, ha!!!

There's not enough traffic here that could even justify posts that BAIT it's members to respond.

It must be nice to have enough money throw away on a blog that has roughly "ZERO" interest to where it can no longer even be justified as a government-sponsored propaganda tool,

...unless, of course, you're sponsorship is coming from a WILLFULLY WASTEFUL GOVERNMENT to begin with; ARROGANT INSTITUTIONALIZED BUREAUCRATS who couldn't care less how much taxpayer $$$ they squander, no matter the result to the public that they purport to serve

Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

ht actually gets sufficient traffic for viability but if none of them wanna comment then tough shit Elliott

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

There's another thread going on this topic (Nov 2019). Interesting that the basic situation remains the same about the decrease in activity on HT. But gosh, there were some fun years in there back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Originally posted by woodman View Post
    If you think it sounds a bit far-fetched, you might be surprised to discover that it is not uncommon for governments to actually use the media as a tool to manipulate public opinion.
    Woodman, you were on to something. Think: Russia + election.

Cabanalane, good to see you around. I'm responding so you don't think you are alone in the pond.

Leave a comment:

• cabanalane
    replied

I don't visit much as I used to. Just want to post a reply to show support. I still like this place. Please keep it up. I will try to be more active. I hate to see old hangouts (forums) die.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalHawaiian
    replied

I have not been here long but I would love to be more active if others were. L)

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

Originally posted by woodman View Post
    Here's another FACT-BASED report about social media manipulation ...
    Dude, you're missing the point. At least a few of us who still visit (and even post) on this site know the admin IN PERSON. No one is arguing that sites do NOT exist that may be “state-sponsored media.” But your original argument that a “sanctioned troll” can come in here, bully members, and/or seemingly get away with it — as evidence THIS site is “infected” — is downright stupid.

The reason that type of activity existed in this site’s heyday is that admin and his “delegated department admins” (mel, helen, etc.) have lives, too. They could not and cannot be checking every waking minute of every hour to see that someone’s feelings were hurt and need to be spanked. But I also can tell you I know admin made a difficult choice to BAN someone from this forum even though he had known that person for YEARS — in person — before even creating this site. So yeah. No was then or are they now in a position to tell admin what can and cannot be posted here or whether or not he should lay down the law.

Mahalo for reading.

Leave a comment:

• woodman
    replied

Here's another FACT-BASED report about social media manipulation (right in line with what liberal UK physicist, Stephen Hawking has been saying for more than 20 years), ...but it was posted in a right-wing website.

OMG!

*Major Conundrum*

Tin-foil hat "conspiracy-theorists" @ Infowars.com verify MAJOR hypothesis of ultra liberal icon, Stephen Hawking, proving that AI is capable of social-media manipulation.

https://www.infowars.com/facebooks-a...-new-language/

To deny this is tantamount to impugning the work of a severely disabled, liberal, celebrity who has reasonably argued for years that AI is not necessarily a benefit (but actually a threat) to mankind.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30290540

WHAT TO DO, NOW?

1.) attack the messenger who posted the info. (Already done frequently on this site.)

2.) attack the site that reported the info. (Old tactic. Getting older every day. People want REAL facts in discussion. Hyperbole of identity politics has become repetitiously overused to the point where it is no longer effective, ... except among the most weak-minded; i.e. low-information voters).

3.) attack any credible source that could verify the info (...really, you're going to attack Stephen Hawking), and by doing so risk discrediting a liberal icon who supports a globalist agenda?

I'm guessing that last one might constitute a violation of some sort of unwritten forum rules.
    Last edited by woodman; June 15, 2017, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• woodman
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    the dailybawler? heh heh
    More of the same member-degrading innuendo that has made the forum what it is today?

YOU be the judge.

Our lines are open.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

the dailybawler? heh heh

Leave a comment:

• woodman
    replied

More evidence of forum manipulation; this one on a national level (...but No! That could NEVER happen here!).

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/31/re...fake-comments/

Leave a comment:

• kanahina
    replied

Got a "Happy Birthday" email from HawaiiThreads, so I thought I'd click on the link to see what's going on here... mostly crickets... for me, personally, I guess I just have moved on to Facebook mostly. Back in the day, I used to spend time here, on twitter and on Myspace. Now it's FB and sometimes instagram.
    would be fun though, if it could get back to it's "glory days"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X