• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: Forums dying

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Anyone know of any other forums for hawaii????
    I used to post in the comment section of The Honolulu Advertiser. But, you can take the time and energy and post a well thought out posting about a serious issue. And it only lasts a day as it goes the archives of the back issues because the day is over.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Message boards are definitely not a thing anymore. The public square of the internet has moved to Facebook, which is a tragedy, really.
    I think Facebook is popular because 1. everyone is there and 2. the end user can select what they want to discuss whether it be politics, movies, music, etc.... and all the sub-genres in the categories. It allows users to "stay safe" within the closed communities which they may belong... and if something does not jive very well, then it is easy to quit any community/forum/group/page.

Still Facebook has some serious problems in the fact that everyone there is a marketing target for FB and their affiliates to target you with ads, offers and god knows what.

Still I am there because many other people I know are there from near and far... and we get to pick and choose our "friends" or "followers".

Plus the interface as crummy as it may be, is familiar all across the world so that everyone has the same U.I. no matter where they live. In the heydey of BBS's and internet message boards that followed, depending on what board you belonged to, the user interface was always different.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Message boards are definitely not a thing anymore. The public square of the internet has moved to Facebook, which is a tragedy, really.
    There are certain message boards that are still popular with a certain adult subject manner. If you know what I mean. Say no more. Say no more. Squire.
    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 16, 2019, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

I used to like hawaii forums.
    Is that the forum that talk about cars a lot? There was an issues thread that had regulars who picked on new posters with mean replies. I thought I was snarky. I was a wuss compared to them. I stop posting there because I got no replies to my references that I don't they got.

Leave a comment:

• abunaitoo
    replied

I used to like hawaii forums.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

“Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly.”
    G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

I think there's not enough Angels on forums anymore.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

To me, it they just makes people dumb.
    I think this sentence says everything I'm thinking.

Leave a comment:

• abunaitoo
    started a topic Forums dying

Forums dying

I've noticed many social forums have closed down recently.

Are they becoming a thing of the past????
    I refuse to join any dumb phone social media.
    Don't even have a dumb phone.

To me, it they just makes people dumb.

Lack of post, and replies, here are really sparse.

I hope it can survive.
Working...
X