Spoiler Tag Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spoiler test #1

Need to test spoilers with standard quotes and multiquoting to see what has changed.

The spoiler below is for what I had for breakfast today

Made you look. Didn't have breakfast yet, going to take break soon and get something to eat.

Spoilers still don't come out when you preview it.
    Last edited by helen; September 30, 2006, 10:58 AM. Reason: Used the wrong tag

Comment

Re: Spoiler Tag Testing

Originally posted by helen View Post
      Just testing out the spoiler tag in vBulletin.
      Putting a spoiler after a quote.

I went to 7-11 for lunch

Comment

Putting the spoiler before the quote.

Watching a DVD of Star Trek

Comment

Non-spoiler response.
          Spoillers after a multiquote.

Watching the episode "City on the Edge of Forever".

Comment

Spoiler in between quotes

Had a Super Big Gulp of Mountain Dew.

Non-spoiler response.

Comment

Spolier before the quotes

Just testing

Non-spoiler response.

Comment

Is there instructions somewhere on how to do this spoiler thing... what button do you press or where is the link to use the soiler function in your message.. help
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                Mark Twain

Comment

One way to use the spoiler tag is to highlight a section of text and then press the icon with the red circle and the red line in it. If you move the pointer over that icon it should say "Wrap [Spoiler] tags around selected text".

You can try it out here in this thread. One warning through when you preview the post the text in the spoiler don't come out so it kind of makes you think that spoilers aren't working. And if you read through this thread there are issues with the Spoilers and the Quotes.

Comment

I sure hope folks remember to use the spoiler tag after today when the first episode of "Lost" will be premiered in Waikiki. Everyone pay attention: I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!! I'm happy to wait for the first episode on Wednesday................
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

One way to use the spoiler tag is to highlight a section of text and then press the icon with the red circle and the red line in it. If you move the pointer over that icon it should say "Wrap [Spoiler] tags around selected text".

You can try it out here in this thread. One warning through when you preview the post the text in the spoiler don't come out so it kind of makes you think that spoilers aren't working. And if you read through this thread there are issues with the Spoilers and the Quotes.
                      ohh I was just about to ask you what red icon with the red line in it... but I see that you must first be in the text(reply) box to see it.

ohh I was just about to ask you what red icon with the red line in it... but I see that you must first be in the text(reply) box to see it.

So, I see it now...
                      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Ok, that didn't work... the spoiler did not show... ohhhhh well.
                        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

As noted earlier in this thread, the spoiler tag doesn't work when it follows quoted text. If you hadn't quoted Helen in your test, it would have worked.

The spoiler tag is a hack, not an official feature, and has various limitations (the quote thing, and not functioning at all in some browsers). But for the most part it serves its purpose.

Comment

Re: Spoiler test #1

Interesting you was able to place a second spoiler after the first and it works.
                            Helen,

I'm using Safari and #13 didn't work. It seems that spoiler above quote works fine spoiler below doesn't.

And #15 was kind of wonky. By the end you seem to have down pretty good.
                            Mask

Comment

Re: Spoiler test #1 / Safari above

Just a test

Originally posted by Mask View Post
                              Helen,

I'm using Safari and #13 didn't work. It seems that spoiler above quote works fine spoiler below doesn't.

And #15 was kind of wonky. By the end you seem to have down pretty good.
                              Last edited by Mask; October 2, 2006, 11:23 AM. Reason: test spoiler
                              Mask

Comment

Re: Spoiler test #1 / Safari below

Originally posted by Mask View Post
                                Just a test
                                Just a test
                                Last edited by Mask; October 2, 2006, 11:26 AM. Reason: Quotes spoiler and not text. Second spoiler doesn't work
                                Mask

Comment

Working...
                                X