Posting Forwarded Email Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Forwarded Email Stories

I was in the midst of composing this response to this post when Admin closed it. I think it's worth posting here, especially since I get a lot of these things in email from fellow believers.

---

When someone sends you stuff like this, it's pretty much a guarantee that it's not true. A message like this is especially suspicious because it has to do with God, who seems to be a regular "target" of corporate, political, and professorial America.

When I get this kind of info, particularly if it's obviously been forwarded several times by people who didn't check its veracity, I head over to Snopes.com, an invaluable resource for a high school computer teacher like me. I approach everything with some degree of doubt, of course, but Snopes does a great job of tracing the history of such oft-forwarded stories AND citing its references (which these emails almost never, ever do--that's another way to pick out the made-up from the for-real). Here's the relevant link in this case.

Thanks for your concern; as a Christian, I value truth as much as you do. When Christ says "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." (Jn 14:6), I think he meant for us to pursue truth as a path toward him, and I'm sure you'll agree that it is our responsibility to strive for spreading truth. Please pass the Snopes link along to whomever sent you this erroneous claim.
    Last edited by scrivener; May 24, 2005, 05:20 AM.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Posting Forwarded Email Stories

Interesting. Mahalo for the link.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I pay very little attention to those kind of emails myself, have even forgotten who sent it to me and since i have VERY little contact with alot of people even on line (I'm one of those kind of people they will say always stuck to herself when i go on a murderous rampage, roflmbo, J/K!!). Not even completely sure why i opened a thread for it. I was recently not understanding this funky flavor of Pepsi that was being tasted by myself in the new 14 oz. cans but i have attributed that to the antibiotic i was on for fluid build up in my ears and throat. Bah!

Ps. What is a reputation recieved? The deleted thread of mine showed up after i went and changed my siggy line. Dont they mean admonishment? Spanking? Slap on the wrist? LOL.
      Last edited by memorylane; May 30, 2005, 10:55 AM.
      If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Actually that post is closed not deleted. As far as reputation is concerned it's something that other users can use to rate the poster on the accuracy of the post. Here are links to a couple of threads that discuss about Reputation? and Reputation milestone.

While this feature is available not very much users use it. About that thread that you posted that got closed, if you left out the phrase "How fast can you forward this one?" from the thread I think it wouldn't have gotten closed.

Comment

I was chugging a Pepsi (w/o the under God on the can, lol) and my copy and paste finger moved to fast for my brain, lol. I saw it right before i clicked submit and went to myself *Bah*.

Comment

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you just said? Are you talking about the time you posted the original note? If so are you aware that you can edit the note that you just posted? Off hand I don't know the time limit, it might be about 10 to 30 minutes time before it will not allow to edit the post.

Comment

Like i plainly stated, i saw it too slow and then went to myself BAH and left it not realizing it mattered so.........let the matter drop already, i was chided by the powers that be and nothing else is necessary.
              Mahalo.

Comment

Working...
              X