1,271 craigwatanabe
    1,161 1stwahine
    1,049 helen
    1,016 mel
    984 Glen Miyashiro
    893 adri1456
    695 Linkmeister
    ------

So the top 10 (me included) wrote more than half the posts here. Ho, motormouth, yeah?

Re: Ho, motormouth yeah?

Glen, You are sooo FUNNY! I get excuse...I'm motormouth/manic/pupule! LOL

Aunty Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 13, 2005, 11:42 AM. Reason: one "n" in Glen! why? badda you?
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Well, I should be up there. Helen and Mel, too, for obvious reasons.

Miulang? Well, in lieu of a blog, she just collects all her Bush and Wal-Mart articles here. She owns entire threads!

Kimo? Well, he replies to himself half the time.

Lynn? Heck, she can't stop explaining in graphic detail why she's ranked so high!

But Craig? I haven't got an excuse for you. But that's okay. We love you anyway.

Comment

I think these top-tenners should be commended. Seriously; whatever their motivations or reasons for being so prolific, this place is propelled by posts, and sure, there may be a higher noise-to-signal ratio for some of us than others, but that's fine. I do my best to keep my contributions "quality," but the truth is that if I keep my mouth shut while others are tossing stuff out there, they're contributing and I'm not. That's actually why I think "me too" posts should NOT be discouraged here. Someone posts something and if nobody's got anything to say but "me too," if they don't post their "me too," the original poster has no idea whether he or she has contributed anything or not. That "word, brutha" all by itself is encouragement enough for me to keep going, especially if I post something that took a fair amount of thought and time to type up.

My favorite fellow posters for various reasons are Glen Miyashiro, Surfingfarmboy, ZZType, Albert, and Kupomog (that avatar is so cute!), but I honestly value, just for their contributions alone, everyone in this top ten list for keeping it moving.
        Last edited by scrivener; July 14, 2005, 12:54 AM. Reason: Why not?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

i haint been here fer but a couple of months, but i stick around to hear what yall have to say...and for the chance to put my two cents in and have my opinions acknowledged, if not validated...actually, it's a whole helluva lot like a rock and roll band...without the free beer...
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            But Craig? I haven't got an excuse for you. But that's okay. We love you anyway.
            Easy. Craig's enjoying his early retirement. Maybe for him this is the 21st century version of the town barbershop where all the old geezers hang out and chew the fat!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Kimo? Well, he replies to himself half the time.

yep. I am my own "me too" posts.

Comment

Thanks Glen....for this insight. Unless you pointed this thread I'd never have known about all the talk.

Yeah I'm a motormouth, it all started when my mom refused to let me speak my side of the story as a child getting into trouble. Well after I became an adult I figured if I had something to say....damn it I'd say it! And the rest is history.

I pity my poor kids when I have to give them a lecture. If I can't spank them, I'd break them down by virtue of my version of a fillibuster. My longest lecture was 2-1/2 hours.

I love to talk that's why I've worked in radio for as long as I've been an adult.

As to why I'm seemingly on this board at all hours is simply because I am in an early retirement at age 45 and loving it. Plus being stuck out here in Keaau in the boonies, I don't get much chance to get out and chat with my friends in Honolulu, so guess what...you guys are it!

The dangerous part of this whole thing is that I'm old enough to speak with lots of experience yet young enough to still be there to keep up with you youngsters until you get to be my age and still working. By then I'll really be an old geezer with computer skills that'll be rambling some nonsense now and then. The only thing that stops me is when I have to pick up my kids from school or when I gotta take a break cuz my arthritis in my hands are killing me.

So in closing (finally) thank you Mel for getting me in on this message board via the Hawaii Radio and TV guide (Mel's website) and thank you Glen for letting me know I'm one of the top ten posters. I'll take that as an honor
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  As to why I'm seemingly on this board at all hours is simply because I am in an early retirement at age 45 and loving it. Plus being stuck out here in Keaau in the boonies, I don't get much chance to get out and chat with my friends in Honolulu, so guess what...you guys are it!
                  I was going to say exactly this after Pz's post yesterday! I actually typed it up and as I always do before I hit "submit reply," I asked myself if someone might possibly be offended by what I wrote. I decided someone might, so I didn't post. I'm glad I didn't, 'cause you said it a lot nicer than I tried to!

We're all jealous of you, Craig. Well, most of us, I guess.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well if you guys sold your megabucks homes in Honolulu, took half of it and buy an equivalent home if not more in value in Keaau and invested the rest, you too could be a motormouth in early retirement while living in Hawaii.

To me all that hard work has paid off and I'm enjoying the benefits of retirement at an age where I can still appreciate it. Plus when I turn 65 I'll start receiving my pension, annuity, 401k, IRA and what's left of Social Security. That's the icing on the cake.

And to think it happened under the Bush Administration...

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      To me all that hard work has paid off and I'm enjoying the benefits of retirement at an age where I can still appreciate it. Plus when I turn 65 I'll start receiving my pension, annuity, 401k, IRA and what's left of Social Security. That's the icing on the cake.

And to think it happened under the Bush Administration...
                      Yeah Craig, but don't forget that you made most of those big bucks of yours while under the Clinton administration!

Comment

Megabuck homes? Excuse me; I don't believe we've met. I'm Mitchell. A teacher at small private high school. I make $31K a year and am still paying for college.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Believe it or not $31K will go very far in homeownership here in Keaau. As a matter of fact your income is considered decent over here.

When I meant megabucks I meant that a decent home in a decent location on Oahu will cost you somewhere between $500,000 to $900,000 in East Oahu. Or if in Kapolei...$350,000 to $500,000. In either scenerio, a $350,000 purchase in Keaau can get you at least twice as much bling as what you'd get in Kapolei.

If you live in East Oahu and typically own a $600,000 home, you could literally buy a $300,000 home of similar amenities in Hawaiian Paradise Parks subdivision and invest the rest.

And no I didn't make much of it during Clinton's admin. As a matter of fact I lost most of it in the wake of 9/11 and rebuilt my wealth thereafter in aggressive growth funds.

I struggled when I lived in Honolulu working two jobs and renting. When people say, "I can't save because I'm living from paycheck to paycheck" I ask them if they have a budget plan. Typically they say no and I tell them that's why they're living one paycheck away from homelessness. Poor money management.

If you start a savings program, lenders look at you with a bit more credance and you get a lower interest rate when applying for a loan such as a mortgage. How much you save isn't as important as showing that you have the discipline to save. That's what lenders look for.

How many of us scream because we don't have enough money yet we find ourselves eating out everyday instead of packing a home lunch? My 21-year old tells me he's having a hard time living on his own and has us subsidizing his income with an allowance every month. In his mind going to a movie with his friends twice a week and going to Dave and Buster's once a week is okay yet if he tallied his entertainent costs it usually came out to about $80 a week! That's $240 a month more than he can afford. He buys lunch everyday running about $6.00 a day including weekends.

Come on do the math that's $168.00 a month in lunches alone for one person. If he packed a lunch he'd save over half of his lunch costs. He buys at least two soda's at $1.25 each per day not including lunch coming out to $70.00 per month! His daily lunches and drinks plus his weekly entertainment costs rack up to a hefty $578.00 per month! My goodness and he says he doesn't have enough money to save and wants me to subsidize his lifestyle?

If you got enough money to entertain yourself or buy lunch everyday, then you have enough to save and eventually realize your dreams.

Keaau out here on the Big Island gave me a 20-year headstart in realizing those dreams and I've been telling all on this board that it can happen to you too. My life two years ago was a financial hell in Honolulu but since moving here life has been pure bliss. No magic get rich scheme, just a readjusting of my priorities.

Comment

That's nothing.

If we had a more diverse topic area and more members, I could have reached 2,000 posts in a year (like what I did in other forums.)
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

That's nothing.

If I had a solid gold toilet and a thousand kajillion million hundred dollars, I could be king of the universe. (like what I did in other alternate worlds.)

Last edited by kimo55; July 15, 2005, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X