Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add trolls to "Ignore List"

Originally posted by zztype
    Hey, I didn't label anyone a troll! See my original post.
    I wasn't referring to your original post. It hadn't gotten specific until a few posts later.

Anyway. The "Ignore" function is a good tool, if someone just pushes your buttons too often. You still see that they posted, and you can still click to read their post if you want, but otherwise, you save yourself some grief, and probably a few choice words you might regret in the morning.

Comment

Re: Add trolls to "Ignore List"

Originally posted by pzarquon
      I wasn't referring to your original post. It hadn't gotten specific until a few posts later.
      Don't believe I labeled anyone a troll, either (except in great error when I first began posting to HT - and I followed it up later with a private apology to the person unfairly tagged, someone for whom I have gained great respect.)

If the "reputation" thing still bugs people so much, eliminate it. It seems to worry you, Ryan, that it would come up in discussion - and you are the one who can make it go away.

Comment

Ignoring other users

The following quote is from this thread:

Originally posted by Keanu
        ...if you are going to put people on ignore list, just do it. Announcing your intentions just makes you seem whiney.
        I have to agree with you a 100% on the first part about the ignore list. Announcing your intentions in a thread is just going to cause more thread drifting and off-topic posting.

Comment

Re: Ignoring other users

Posted by helen: ....more thread drifting and off-topic posting.
          In other words called spam. As far as putting ppl on ignore, I say its not even worth troubling yourself over cause its no way worth any added stress or migraines, IMHO.

Comment

*sigh*, I'll keep a mental note to not to advertise that I'll be blocking
            someone. I've learned that causes more problems than it solves.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

I've tried to put people on ignore...but only found myself taking them off ignore later becoming friends with them and trying to look at the otherside of what I obviously objected to in the first place.

I wouldn't doubt it though if I'm the most Ignored person on here though!

Comment

Well it is unlikely the people that I've put on ignore I'll ever remove them.
                When people take it "personal" against me, that person loses any creditability.
                Hence why I put them on ignore.
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Your loss in the long run... I have learned much from those that I have become friends with and took off ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    Your loss in the long run... I have learned much from those that I have become friends with and took off ignore.
                    I guess, but why should I have to listen someone who intentionally disrespects
                    me. It is not worth the migraines and frustration.
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
                      I guess, but why should I have to listen someone who intentionally disrespects
                      me. It is not worth the migraines and frustration.
                      as others have told you... HT is just a place where a lot of us chill out...

If your getting migraines and headaches because of it.... I suggest you take your eyes off the monitor for a while and go to the beach and get a tan

I get more dis-respect then you do on HT and I have yet to get a headache because of it.

Take things with a grain of salt and realize that most people try to post because of their emotions to a topic.... I don't see to many attacks on people individually except for me....

Laugh it off... go on a 63 hour vacation.... enjoy HT as it is...and realize were all just a bunch of geeks having fun!

I guess now you put me on ignore!

Hugs... Manoa

Comment

I don't care if someone doesn't like my opinion, but when they take it personal
                        that is simply wrong. They don't know jack about me. The way I look at it
                        is if they have resort to slinging mud, they are the ones that looks like idiots.
                        In regards to headaches, as soon I don't have to read what they have written-
                        problem solved.

*sigh*, I would appreciate if people would refrain from telling me to go
                        the beach. You know what, I can't tan at all. I've already had to go the
                        doctor to get skin cancer removed, I don't want to do that again.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

is if they have resort to slinging mud, they are the ones that looks like idiots.
                          problem solved.

*sigh*, I would appreciate if people would refrain from telling me to go
                          the beach. You know what, I can't tan at all. I've already had to go the
                          doctor to get skin cancer removed, I don't want to do that again.
                          Then don't give an opinion....an opinion is just that... if you put it out there as yours...of course there will be those that disagree... no need cry about their opinion of yours is there?

I was joking about the beach... I meant just get away from the computer.... I don't know what you look like!

Comment

problem solved.
                            It works both ways Aaron. You're taking things personal too. Dude, somebody should give you a harp. HT is an open forum, it's best to grow some thicker skin.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              Then don't give an opinion....an opinion is just that... if you put it out there as yours...of course there will be those that disagree... no need cry about their opinion of yours is there?
                              Like i said, I don't care if someone doesn't like my opinion. Its when they
                              attack me personally is what bothers me.

Originally posted by Keanu
                              It works both ways Aaron. You're taking things personal too. Dude, somebody should give you a harp. HT is an open forum, it's best to grow some thicker skin.
                              I disagree completely, it is completely inappropriate for others to
                              personally attack me. They can attack my opinion, I don't care.
                              But when they attack me personally,its not right.Nonetheless
                              screw it, I doubt anyone can understand what I'm trying to say.
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

I like you, Konaguy. You've personally gone out of your way to assist me off list. You're a star in my constellation, dude! Just don't drop in on my wave, that's all. Those guys are SORRY.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X