Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ignoring other users

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    I've taken a whole different approach... I don't have anyone on ignore, but I do decide not to participate in certain threads if I feel my own opinion isn't worth it to me to jump into the fire. Know what I mean?

Same here. And if I did put the one person I'd like to ignore on my ignore list, then I'd probably wouldn't get to read much because this person has to act like a dog and mark every single thread going. So I just skip 'em. Not worth it.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      Same here. And if I did put the one person I'd like to ignore on my ignore list, then I'd probably wouldn't get to read much because this person has to act like a dog and mark every single thread going. So I just skip 'em. Not worth it.
      Unfortnately thats not really possible for me. As threads I participate in,
      certain unammed people participate in them also. Hence why I block em.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Re: An Important Memo to All HT

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Privacy was violated in the first degree.
        What about my right to be not gossiped about in a PM? anapuni808 had no right to drop my name in a PM without CC:’ing me. It's like she’s saying, “Oh I asked TuNnL to do ___, therefore you should too.” I reject that tactic. And just so we’re clear manoasurfer123 got a PM from Fran kindly requesting he ignore her, but did she PM me? Hell no. She posted her request to me publicly. She hit first.

Am I sorry about it? Sure I am. I admit it was over the top. To anyone this has upset, e kala mai. I never meant to cause any pilikia. But the point of my original post still stands: don’t ask me to ignore you. I won’t. And quite frankly, IMHO, ignoring is only practiced by the ignorant.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          What about my right to be not gossiped about in a PM? anapuni808 had no right to drop my name in a PM without CC:’ing me. It's like she’s saying, “Oh I asked TuNnL to do ___, therefore you should too.” I reject that tactic. And just so we’re clear manoasurfer123 got a PM from Fran kindly requesting he ignore her, but did she PM me? Hell no. She posted her request to me publicly. She hit first.
          A PM is a Personal Message between two or whoever is involved in the online conversation. It should remain between said persons ~ professional courtesy and commond sense. To violate it is Plain Ignorance!

Unfortunately, due to your many "pickings" of Fran's posts she has decided to leave HT for good. How sad. Her experience, knowledge and background in the Political and Hawaiian Community is worth much more than gold over your loud mouth shots on putting whatever you think fits in the current hot topics. Rest assured eyes are watching and this is a small town. You're still wet behind the ears young man....very wet behind the ears.

L.V.
          Last edited by 1stwahine; October 5, 2006, 10:34 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            a good phrase here might apply...

"if the heat is too hot in the kitchen...get out of the kitchen"
            Close:
            "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Comment

anapuni808 had no right to drop my name in a PM without CC:’ing me.
              What color is the sky in your world?

Since when does anyone need permission to mention someone else's name in a private OR public communication?

Comment

Re: The "Ignore List"

I finally tried the "ignore" option after I tried to help someone (per their HT request for help) with answers via PMs, and got an amazingly pilau response. Anyway, I've given "ignore" a try, and I'm now enjoying visiting HT without having to read the postings of those (well, the one person, so far) that I wish to .... ignore!

Ignore ..... good choice to have if you want it.
                Last edited by SouthKona; October 6, 2006, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Am I sorry about it? Sure I am. I admit it was over the top. To anyone this has upset, e kala mai. I never meant to cause any pilikia. But the point of my original post still stands: don’t ask me to ignore you. I won’t. And quite frankly, IMHO, ignoring is only practiced by the ignorant.
                  First of all, why is it even a freaking issue if you're being *gasp* gossiped about online? And if we're complaining here, then I should complain about how people who use ToGgLeCaSe should be shot! If a big concern is someone you don't even know IRL "gosspiping" about you then maybe you shouldn't be posting online. Sorry.

Hunny, she just mentioned your HT username. It'd be another thing if she mentioned your given name.

Methinks one needs to grow a thicker skin.
                  Last edited by Lei Liko; October 6, 2006, 01:35 AM. Reason: I fo'got some'ting.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    A PM is a Personal Message between two or whoever is involved in the online conversation. It should remain between said persons ~ professional courtesy and commond sense. To violate it is Plain Ignorance!

Unfortunately, due to your many "pickings" of Fran's posts she has decided to leave HT for good. How sad. Her experience, knowledge and background in the Political and Hawaiian Community is worth much more than gold over your loud mouth shots on putting whatever you think fits in the current hot topics. Rest assured eyes are watching and this is a small town. You're still wet behind the ears young man....very wet behind the ears.

L.V.
                    I want to add to this because I'm a 6 year member of a message board where, despite being a Moderator and longtime poster and follower of the ToS, some idiots decided to post my private info for the sole purpose of making me feel uncomfortable.

Nobody likes to see their personal info thrown out there by an outsider, and what hurt the most was that the Admin of that site didn't do jack shiiiiiiiiiiit about it, even though it was invasive of my personal privacy.

That said, Anapuni808, and I hope you're still reading this. Don't let an idiot run you off. Though someone's made you feel uncomfortable here, know that there are even more people who value your insight and contributions, and I do hope that you join us once again.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                      Since when does anyone need permission to mention someone else's name in a private OR public communication?
                      Curious that both you and Lei Liko make this point. Using 1stwahine’s reasoning, my answer is that legally you don’t, but “professional courtesy and common sense apply.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

“professional courtesy and common sense apply.”
                        Funny, I've pretty much applied that to real life.

Not so much to stuff I read on a message board.

Comment

I’ve read your post (#56) about 15 times and I still don’t understand what it means. What I did that angered some was post a PM. The contents of that PM really have no personally identifying information that had not been publicly posted by someone other than me in another thread.

On the other hand, anapuni808 did post personally identifying information about me in an actual thread on HT. That really pissed me off. So you can say by the time I read her PM, I was already angered to the boiling point. So if it wasn’t clear by my previous post, I acted in an “unprofessional manner and without common sense” and I apologize (again). And I would edit the now infamous post #41 to eliminate the PM portion if I could, but apparently that’s impossible after a certain period of time.

The reasoning you apparently discount Lei Liko, in your post #56, is the very reason this thread exists in the first place.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

I've edited the post in question, per request. Posting the contents of a private communication, e-mail or Private Message, is unacceptable, here or in any other forum, regardless of whether you were "angered to the boiling point."

If you feel your own privacy has been violated or are otherwise feel deeply aggrieved by another user's public post, contact an administrator or moderator. It certainly wouldn't be the first time it happened, intentionally or accidentally, and will be handled appropriately.

Comment

I did laugh at this part, however:
                              So please, don’t bother asking. The answer is no. My apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Mahalo for your kokua.

Comment

What I don't get is why people get "angered to a boiling point" over crap that's written on a message board anyway.

It's just the friggin' internet.

But anyway, thanks for running Fran off.

Comment

Working...
                                X